+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I was getting kind of tired of the Geico commercials, but this new one just cracks me up. There is a woman sitting on a piano bench next to Burt Bacharach. She is talking about her car accident where she got rear-ended. She's looking all stone-faced serious, and Burt plays the piano and sings "I got hit in the reeeear". Then she talks about Geico and Burt sings "lizard licks his eyeball". She goes on some more and he signs something about "I hope I don't get hit in the reeeear". It's just so cute.
    Have you seen the other Geico ones? I particularly like the ones with Charro and that announcer guy.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    There's a series of Kokanee Beer commercials that is hard to resist. Two guys and three girls (in bikinis) are always chasing Big Foot who manages to steal a case of Kokanee. They chase Big Foot in the snow during the winter, and in boats and ski doos in the summer one. The latest has Big Foot getting away again from a trap set on a houseboat. The crew ends up in the hot tub....Rub-a-Dub-Dub.
    I like the one where the guy dresses up as Bigfoot and goes out into the woods and comes face-to-face with Bigfoot, who is dressed up as a man. With a really big head.

And I agree with Misty - I love the Geico ad with Charo translating for an old guy, and putting her own special spin on the translation.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Speaking of commercials featuring Bigfoot, we don't have Kokanee beer here, and I forget what product they are advertising, but I like the one where the guys sneak up on Bigfoot while he's napping and put his hand in warm water, then watch from behind the bushes as he p's himself .
    There's another one where they pull some prank on BF while he's roasting a piece of meat over a campfire, but I forget the exact scene.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

It is a beef jerky commercial. I love the one where they put shaving cream in his hand then tickle his nose with a feather. I think it is the body slam he gives one of them that makes me laugh the most.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I am enamored with the continuing series of sarcastic Frank and Gordon commercials for Bell Canada.
    Attachment 18090
    The latest has Frank trying to put up wallpaper and getting it stuck in his fur, and another has Gordon dancing around like a hottie with his cellphone camera and getting caught.

The other one I love that's playing now is on the radio. Frank (or Gordon, I mix them up) gets a "family" two for one deal on a phone, so Gordon is so happy "he's like the brother from another mother"! Too funny them silly beavers.

They have their own website: http://www.frankandgordon.ca
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-17-2006 at 01:16 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Thanks dagwood; that was really bugging me! I saw an ad yesterday that was really surprising and funny; this old couple is about to kiss, and suddenly they jump back, -- they are wearing each other's false teeth !(his are huge, hers are tiny)
    The ad is for a labeler, "to keep things from getting mixed up". The ad ends with a shot of false teeth containers labeled "his" and "hers".
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

So, queenb, are we twins or what? I was just about to come in here and post the same commercial.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I find the Dunkin Donuts commercial funny but annoying. Especially the "karate!!!" part.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I just caught a Volvo commercial with a dad buckling his little girl (4-5 years old) into the car, and all the while, she's animatedly chattering on and on about her day. If she's acting, she's fabulous, but I have a feeling she really was simply gabbing about something that she experienced. The dad is waiting for her to pause for just a second so he can close the door and run around to the driver's seat, but eventually has to close the door while she's talking because she doesn't skip a beat. It's adorable, and everyone must have high-fived when the director said cut. My daughter is in college now, but I can easily recall her doing the exact same thing.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I think my favorite is still the one where the blood hound has to help find the litter box.

I can't stand any of those old fossils on Geico. Bring my Ginko back!

+ Reply to Thread