+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 154 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

There is a new Fresh Step commercial where the cat has to call in a blood hound to help find the litter box. It is so cute!

I don't know of you have this commercial in the US. It's for SONY's new LCD TV, the one with all the balls bouncing down the hill. I love the colours and the music, it's just so relaxing...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I saw the funniest commercial recently, but haven't seen it since - a romatic couple is eating at a café and speaking French to each other when a huge hairy wad of grossness plops on their table...meanwhile back in the states a couple is standing over their sink with a new plunger clog removal product wondering, "where did it go?"
    It took about three viewings for me to catch that one, duh, but when I did, I laughed so hard.

Has anyone seen the Old Navy commercial with the guy dressed in some really gross bright green track shorts, complete with white trim and notched legs, walk into the kitchen and announce that he's lost weight and can get into his old shorts? Two little girls at the table have the pinball eyes thing going, and then, to make matters worse, he does a very unattractive bend to get something from the refrigerator. I really have to hand it to that guy. Some wouldn't do that one, no matter how much it paid.

giz
    I love the whiskas ads out right now. The woman comes home and her husband, Hubert, refuses to speak to her until she brings out the meat. The guy is small and his movements are very refined and it's all textbook acting class. He does "cat" very well. Then it says only a cat can be a cat. The end of the ad is very schmaltzy, but the beginning is perfect.

It shows some thought. I hate ads that show absolutely no creativity whatsoever. Fast car young happy people = sell car. Shots of burgers on grill, voiceover talks about how hungry you are = sells burgers. Hate that stuff. At least Hubert is different.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    There's a new one out for a Dairy Queen Moo-Latte. It has the wife drinking her moo-latte in the arms of a bare-chested romance novel-ish long-haired hunk of a man. Her husband comes in and says he doesn't like that much. She asks if his hair wasn't blowing in the wind, if hubby would be ok. He says well, ....and the "fan" stops blowing the stud's hair.
    I really like this one too

I also like the group of commercials where a few people are driving along talking about this and that... And then you are thinking "Is this a commercial for food? A TV show? I have no idea" and then WHAM!! They get plowed into out of nowhere.

[mod edit]

They get me every time.
    Last edited by Yardgnome; 05-22-2006 at 07:58 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I run FROM the room when that incredibly spooky Burger King wakes up in bed with the construction guy. Does anybody, anywhere like that one?
    The Burger King totally freaks me out!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I like the Geico one where the cavemen are having dinner with the announcer. The closing show of the caveman's face is priceless.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I saw one today I laoughed out loud to.

This guy is talking over a logtech(i think) webcam to his father. And tells him he's a grandfather, and then holds up a pug. The father is like ew what the heck is that? Why is it breathing so heavy? haha the guy just says "we were just playing a game! and holds up a rope dog toy. Then the father is all ew'd out and says ew what it is? one of those french dogs? do you have to feed it cheese?

it was really cute.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I crack up each and every time I see the Southwest "want to get away" commercial with the couple trying desparately to get into their car. "I just don't understand why this thing won't work" as he keeps trying the key fob, coat hanger, concrete block, etc to get in. As the concrete is bouncing off the window the other guy comes out and says "what are you doing to my car?" and they see that their car is actually over a few rows. Its a pretty dumb commercial now that I'm typing it out, but the facial expressions get me every time!
    Wag more, bark less

I liked the Smirnoff vodka one where the two guys in the frozen north drive their dogsled with to the local bar. The brking husky dogs are their car alarm. They get out and go inside and the one man hands over his sled whip to the bartender and says he doesn't "sled and drive" Too cute!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread