+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 154 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

I always thought On Star had the most effective commercials. If I'm ever in the market for a new car I'm getting one with On Star. The one that really gave me chills was when the On Star guy says something like "Mr Smith I have been notified that your airbag has deployed. Is everything ok." Silence. "Mr Smith are you there?" Silence. "Mr. Smith I'm contacting emergency services." Its awesome.
    And the one that really sold me on On Star is when a woman calls them and tells them she's been in a wreck. Shes obviously upset but holding it together. So they contact 911 and then get her husband on the line and when he says "Are you ok?" She starts to cry and says "No I'm hurt." I really felt for the woman and thought it was great that they could contact her with her husband so quickly. I would want to be able to talk to my husband immediately too.
    I always thought whoever came up with that ad campaign deserved to win what ever awards it is they give to commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    And it's a takeoff from his character on SNL that did Thespian Theater. He is so funny!
    My favorite is the new K9 Advantix commercial with the Lab puppy singing "there ain't no fleas on me" Too cute!
    When I hear that puppy sing, I run to the room with the tv on. It is the cutesdt thong I've seen in a long time.

I run FROM the room when that incredibly spooky Burger King wakes up in bed with the construction guy. Does anybody, anywhere like that one?

I guess I'm the only one anywhere that hates the Advantix puppy--I think the kid's voice they use reminds me of some brat I couldn't stand, somewhere, sometime, but I just can't place it. Beleive it or not, I hate it almost as bad as the Burger king!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    I guess I'm the only one anywhere that hates the Advantix puppy--I think the kid's voice they use reminds me of some brat I couldn't stand, somewhere, sometime, but I just can't place it. Beleive it or not, I hate it almost as bad as the Burger king!

Nope, I hate it too. I mute the tv when it comes on. I don't mind watching the puppies, but I HATE the song.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I hate the Hardees commercials. The ones where they're eating like pigs. A lot of openmouthed chewing, smaking, finger licking, talking with mouth open, eating going on. What are they trying to tell me with those commercials? That I don't ever want to eat there because their customers are disgusting pigs?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    The one that i really like is the lotto one where the greedy husband doesn't want himself or his wife to pick up the 8-10 million and then a barrage of folks go and pick it up themselves. I love it when the fat man screams and cries with some millions in his hands.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I saw the funniest commercial recently, but haven't seen it since - a romatic couple is eating at a café and speaking French to each other when a huge hairy wad of grossness plops on their table...meanwhile back in the states a couple is standing over their sink with a new plunger clog removal product wondering, "where did it go?"
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Did anyone catch the KMart Commercial during either Lost or The Amazing Race (forgive me, I can't remember which one) where the little boy is sitting on the potty. Just sitting there. They only show him from the shoulders up, but you can see the rest of the toilet behind him. Then they show him from the bathroom doorway. The vanity blocks his body, but his legs are dangling as they don't reach the floor and his pants are around his ankles and he screams out: "MOM!!!! I'M DONE"""
    Then it cuts to a dress and the Kmart narrator says something about Mother's Day.

It was sooo cute and I have definetly been there, done that!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

After the disaster of the Burger King ads that feature the mishapen king, the ad agency hit a home run with their campaign for the Texas Double Whopper where the men rebel against being feminized.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

There's a new one out for a Dairy Queen Moo-Latte. It has the wife drinking her moo-latte in the arms of a bare-chested romance novel-ish long-haired hunk of a man. Her husband comes in and says he doesn't like that much. She asks if his hair wasn't blowing in the wind, if hubby would be ok. He says well, ....and the "fan" stops blowing the stud's hair.
    -------------------

I'm also liking the continuing episode of the Bell Canada telephone Beavers. They were growing their beards for the hockey playoffs and unfortunately, the one slipped while trimming and well, his "beard" is gone now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread