+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 154 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696146 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

I stop fast-forwarding the TiVO every time Sprint Nextel's(?) "The Man" airs. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen it. I get a good chuckle out of it every single time:

In a slightly surreal 2005 TV ad, a middle-aged corporate executive is telling a young clerk about how he has a certain cellphone plan that gives him total freedom and that it's his way of "Sticking it to The Man!" The clerk responds, "But, you are The Man!" The Man says, "I know!" The clerk says, "So you're sticking it to yourself?" After a short pause, The Man concedes, "Maybe."
    (Originally posted at Wikipedia.org > The Man > Popular Culture)

The actors play it so straight, so perfectly. And it's also funny to me that Wikipedia has an entry for "The Man."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

MRD
    I like the Thomas English Muffin one where the dad bites it and keeps asking his son: Is it still a muffin and the son keeps saying yes, then the dad says, no, now its my breakfast and the kid says: actually it was MOM's breakfast. The dad gets a funny look on his face and takes off. I don't know why, b ut that one cracks me up everytime!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

This commercial for Dominion only airs in Canada (and who knows, maybe only in southern Ontario). The Dominion baker is walking through the bakery sniffing baguettes and speaking in French with English subtitles about the trip he took to France (according to the subtitles) and what a wonderful time he had with the bread, but how little time he spent learning French. The French he's actually speaking is every catchphrase every Canadian kid learned in French class - "Ou est Pierre? Pierre est dans le salle de bains", "Ouvre le fenetre", "jus de framboise". It cracks me up because that's the only French I remember myself.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I like the A&W commercial....and the guy is talking on his cell phone going through drive through and pays for his meal and drives away and a littl ebit later backs up to pick up his food and he says something like "the clutch on this car just shoots".....I giggle at it everytime....teehee

sing it with me now ...

The ...Incredible .. Edible... Egg!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I just saw a funny "Life comes at you fast" commercial. The guy is asking his wife what the light switch in their living room is for. So he's flipping it off and on. She's sitting at the kitchen table totally ignoring him. Then it pans to the outside of their house and a neighbor 2 doors up is sitting in their car in their driveway and their garage door is going up and down on the hood of their car.
    Commercials my husband and I both hate are the VW ones where theres a group of people in the car talking and having a good time when out of nowhere they get slammed by another car. I hate them because I never see it coming.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    I just saw a funny "Life comes at you fast" commercial. The guy is asking his wife what the light switch in their living room is for. So he's flipping it off and on. She's sitting at the kitchen table totally ignoring him. Then it pans to the outside of their house and a neighbor 2 doors up is sitting in their car in their driveway and their garage door is going up and down on the hood of their car.
    Commercials my husband and I both hate are the VW ones where theres a group of people in the car talking and having a good time when out of nowhere they get slammed by another car. I hate them because I never see it coming.

I like the light switch one too because we have one of those. IT's on a wall no where close to ANYTHING. We've tried plugging things in various outlets to see if its a switch for an outlet or something. NOTHING. We have no idea what the damn switch is for. As soon as I saw that commericial, I thought, oh no, one of our neighbors hates us!!!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The cavemen, not the GEICO ones, the Fedex guys, where they are grunting and making faces, and the subtitles read, something like
    "The package didn't make it...why you not use Fedex?"
    "Fedex not invented yet"
    "That no matter, you fired"
    The fired caveman stomps out of the cave, kicks an itty bitty dinosaur that crosses his path, and a giant mammoth foot stomps him.
    I every time.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I LOVE those. "The Liar" from Saturday Night Live. Jon Lovitz. "yeah, that's the ticket"

He's so funny and those commercials are truly funny. I'm so tired of Baby Bob from Quizno's that the subway ones are great.
    And it's a takeoff from his character on SNL that did Thespian Theater. He is so funny!
    My favorite is the new K9 Advantix commercial with the Lab puppy singing "there ain't no fleas on me" Too cute!
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl View Post
    My favorite is the new K9 Advantix commercial with the Lab puppy singing "there ain't no fleas on me" Too cute!
    If Lenny of Apprentice 5 wants to learn the elements of a jingle, this would be the commercial to study. I find myself singing "There might be bugs on some of you mugs" at odd times throughout the day. My dogs go ape when they see the puppies playing on-screen.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread