+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 153 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but there's an ad for MetroPCS (cell phone company) that features a guy wearing a large box- with no eye holes- over half of his body. He's seen literally bumping into women at a bar, trying to ride a bike without any success, and falling down a flight of stairs.

One of my new favorites is a credit card commercial (Citibank I think) where a guy is trying to get through to a real person and he starts out on his cell phone in his house and then to the train. The automated system says "state your password" and quietly he says "big boy" and it says "I'm sorry repeat your password" and he has to say "big boy" real loud. It is so funny! Then just as he gets a real person the train goes through a tunnel and he loses his connection. I love it!
    OMG I love that commercial! I actually came to this thread just to see if it had been posted about yet. "What's your dog's name?" FLUFFY!! "Say yes for a shinier credit card" They have another commercial where he's in the kitchen on the phone. He's pushing buttons and can't reach his pan and the whole kitchen is on fire.

Sometimes it's not the commercials themselves, but the placement that's amusing. Like when they put a Kiefer Sutherland-voiced commercial on during "24".

This week during "Boston Legal" they went to commercial right after a client had explained that the guy he electrocuted smelled just like a roast. And presto - we were treated to a Maple Leaf pot roast commercial. And later in the same commercial break there was an ad for The Keg steakhouse. Somebody at the network has a sense of humor.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

reality tv addict
    Pepsi with Jimmy Fallon and Parker Posey

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    Sometimes it's not the commercials themselves, but the placement that's amusing. Like when they put a Kiefer Sutherland-voiced commercial on during "24".
    Mr. Rattus loved the fact that the first commercial after someone got blown away in "Hill Street Blues" (this was years ago, obviously) used the song "Shotgun".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CTV is running a commercial with Pamela Anderson where she gets a phone call asking her to host the Juno Awards. She squeals "My country needs me!" and starts singing O Canada. Cracks me up.

CTV had a good series going back around Christmas time too. With some of their newscasters/weathermen trying to return useless Christmas gifts to an equally useless customer service dude.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

These tv and radio commercials are running locally for the Alberta Dairy Board. There are several and are hilarious. It rants about the new phenomenon where adult children dont' move out. There are funny scenarios with adults fed up with adult kids, trying silly ideas to get their children out of their home. The only message is simple. It goes:

Can't get your kids to leave home? Stop cooking with Cheese!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Two I enjoy, one played endlessly for sometime before tapering down but not off, the second I've only seen several times.

The first, for the Carl's Jr. fast food burger chain advertises their real ice cream milk shakes by having some twisted dude shake a cow accompanied by a twisted jingle. I have trouble isolating any tne thing that makes me think twisted, but I got that sense the first time I saw the commercial, even before twisted dude smacks the cows @ss.

The second begins on a crowded bus focusing on a guy standing holding an overhead bar. A woman begins sniffing him, actually closer to a long drawn out inhaling, followed by another, another, another, and yet another as the camera begins panning back showing an empty (or all but) bus excepting the man and the crowd of women surrounding him. That ad is for a version of Gain laundry detergent.

A commercial that I absolutely love is the Pepsi Max commercial where the man drinks the Pepsi Max, then a toy is revealed and says "be my friend" over and over. Then the man who drank the Pepsi Max said "are you sure?" And the other guy says "Don't worry, there's no sugar." That add is so cool.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

I just caught the new Subway commercial with John Lovitz as Master Thespian ("Acting!") and I can't stop laughing. I just mentioned that character in a recap this past week and there he is on TV!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread