+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 154 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

I love the Cingular commercial with the guy talking to his girlfriend on his cell phone.
    What is the song that is playing in the backround? It sounds like Psapp--the group who made the theme song for Grey's Anatomy

I like the commercial where there's two people that are stuck on an escalator. And instead of just walking off, they stand there and call for help. I thought it was pretty funny.

Ok this will show the umm.. strange side to my peronsality but ...
    I like that commerical about some kind of soup. It says if you're skipping lunch you alway seem to hit that 3pm wall, then it shows people in various work situations literally walking into a brick wall. I laugh every friggin time. It's stupid and juvenille but seeing those people hit the wall at full gate and just bouce off and hit the ground makes me laugh every time.

My daughter loves the new Kraft Peanutbutter commercials "have you had your bear hug today?" and the 2 Kraft Bears appear and practically body check the woman waiting for the toaster.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by ThehappyCynic View Post
    I like the commercial where there's two people that are stuck on an escalator. And instead of just walking off, they stand there and call for help. I thought it was pretty funny.
    That commercial is great. My little cousin always asks "why don't they just walk, it would be easier"

One of the commercials I really like right now, that's a bit of a tear jerker, is the Tim Horton's hockey one.

It's an older man (a grandpa) who attends his grandsons hockey game. He goes to sit with his own son and makes the comment "he plays better than you did" and the son says "how would you know, you never showed up". So the grandfather pulls out a really old, dog-eared picture of him when he was a child.

I cannot do the commercial justice, but it's incredibly sweet.

Ok this is lame but... hehehe I love that new Starburst commercial. The one where the mna is walking around with a pack of starbursts, and he sees his friends... So his inner voice says "they're gonna want you to share! but what if you had no friends?" So then he smacks one friends back pach away, and rips anothers shirt. The part where the inner voice says "Rip iiiiiit RIP IT!" Kills me!
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 03-08-2006 at 09:44 AM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

If anyone's interested in taking a trip into the past, here's a site with old commercials from the 50s 60s and 70s. The cigarette ones are so weird to see today. http://www.roadode.com/smoke_1.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    If anyone's interested in taking a trip into the past, here's a site with old commercials from the 50s 60s and 70s. The cigarette ones are so weird to see today. http://www.roadode.com/smoke_1.shtml
    It's interesting to see how commercials have evolved over the years. I'm a total 80's girl (woman) but I don't know if I've seen that Madonna one. Too bad they didn't show it once that whole video controversery happened. I remember that very well. I'd love to see more from the 70's, the time when I was a kid.

This site might have some of those commercials in it. http://www.retrojunk.com/list_commercials.php?era=1970

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    This site might have some of those commercials in it. http://www.retrojunk.com/list_commercials.php?era=1970
    Thanks! I'll check it out. I love all things nostalgia.

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I love the cheesy Starburst commercial where the guy is walking his dog, with a pack of Starburst in his hand, and sees a guy on the street. Guy with the dog says, "Aren't you the guy who steals everything?" Cut to other guy who says, "No." Cut to first guy, now sans Starburst. "Didn't you just take my Starburst?" Cut to other guy: "No." Cut back to first guy: "Oh. Okay." Cut to second guy who now has the dog AND the other guy's pants and says to the dog: "Let's go." and leaves. Haha.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

+ Reply to Thread