+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 154 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

There used to be a commercial for some allergy medication in which a Mr. Natural looking fellow was lying in a field. He gets up, disrobes and runs through the field to the sound of "The Air that I Breathe" while some elderly bird-watchers track his process through binoculars. It still makes me giggle when I hear "The Air that I Breathe".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I love the coke ones about the cheers for olympics: "Oh No!" to name one. The guy cheerleaders are hilarious and remind me of girls I knew in high school that cheered!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    We're currently getting a series of commercials starring talking beavers. Norm MacDonald does the voice for one of them. I have no idea what they're actually advertising, I just enjoy talking beavers.

I want to see the talking beavers. Qboots has mentioned them before.

And while I'm on the subject why, oh why, did my PBS station quit running the Red Green Show. Does it still air in Canada? My husband and I would split sides laughing at that show. A redneck is a redneck no matter what country they are from, eh? I swear that show could have taken place anywhere in the Southern US.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    We're currently getting a series of commercials starring talking beavers. Norm MacDonald does the voice for one of them. I have no idea what they're actually advertising, I just enjoy talking beavers.
    The commercials are for Bell Canada telephone company. The beavers are named Frank and Gordon and they have their own website! http://www.frankandgordon.ca/

Not only that, but you can vote and support "National Beaver Day!" Only in Canada, you say.....Pity!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I like the one for H&R Block and the guys grab the green block and it's like they're in a wind tunnel. The very end is funny where the guy presses on it several times in succession and his mouth blows open

I have to laugh when I see the new Becel Margarine commercial.

Two executive types are standing on an escalator going up in what looks to be an office building. It has stopped moving. They both stand there. In shock. In fear. Then the woman screams "Help us". It's as if they're stuck in an elevator, and can't do anything. Yet they just have to "walk" up. But they don't know what exercise is!

And Bell Canada's Frank and Gordon beavers have several different commercials that are airing now. Too cute!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I didn't read back past this last page so hope nobody already mentioned this one...but, I love the, I think its a cell phone, or wireless company ad where there are 3 guys in an office, one holding the cd player playing, "hey baby baby, baby, baby" and the other two guys are dancing. A fourth guy runs in all freaked out - the music gets turned off and the dancing guys get on their phones, find out the information needed and then resume dancing! I'm sure I didn't explain that well but - trust me, its funny!

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
    I didn't read back past this last page so hope nobody already mentioned this one...but, I love the, I think its a cell phone, or wireless company ad where there are 3 guys in an office, one holding the cd player playing, "hey baby baby, baby, baby" and the other two guys are dancing. A fourth guy runs in all freaked out - the music gets turned off and the dancing guys get on their phones, find out the information needed and then resume dancing! I'm sure I didn't explain that well but - trust me, its funny!
    I know that one, I think it's Nextel. My BIL's have those phones and they are always walkie-talking each other. It drives me crazy.

One of my new favorites is a credit card commercial (Citibank I think) where a guy is trying to get through to a real person and he starts out on his cell phone in his house and then to the train. The automated system says "state your password" and quietly he says "big boy" and it says "I'm sorry repeat your password" and he has to say "big boy" real loud. It is so funny! Then just as he gets a real person the train goes through a tunnel and he loses his connection. I love it!
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 02-23-2006 at 08:08 AM.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I hate the Jessica Simpson pizza bites commercial but I love the end where Miss Piggy kicks Kermit!

I also love the old corn flakes commercial where the rooster is dancing to the song "love machine"
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

i love the ice skating commercial too. do the hustle!! my husband saw it first, and told me i had to watch for it because it was something i would try to make him do. and it is! hehe

speaking of my husband, myrosiedog.....no more red green? are you serious? he will be so bummed.

+ Reply to Thread