+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 154 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Premium Member
    There's a cute Star Wars one I can't even remember what it's for but Yoda and this guy are sitting at the counter in a diner and Yoda says something like "want your fries you do not" and then takes them away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    There's a cute Star Wars one I can't even remember what it's for but Yoda and this guy are sitting at the counter in a diner and Yoda says something like "want your fries you do not" and then takes them away from him.
    I like it, too. I think it's for Pepsi. The guy will give up any item of food under the thrall of the Jedi Mind Trick...but not his Pepsi.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

i like what is essentially a really lame commercial, but it thinks it's totally funny. it's for sonic - a guy and his wife are sitting in their car eating a taco salad thing. the guy tells his wife that he really likes the meat based dressing and asks her to pick some up at the store next time she goes. the wife tries to explain it's not meat based dressing, it's chili - but the guy won't hear it. he's lovin him some meat based dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I like it, too. I think it's for Pepsi. The guy will give up any item of food under the thrall of the Jedi Mind Trick...but not his Pepsi.
    There's another Pepsi commercial where it's Darth Vadar trying to get the Pepsi. He rings the doorbell at a guys apartment and when the guy opens the door he says, "(guy's name) I'm your father." The guy hesitates for just a minute and then turns away and says something to the effect of "no." At that point Darth Vadar hesitates and says, "Wait . . . I'm your (pause) uncle." The guy then slams the door in his face.

Too funny!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Sher, I know exactly what you're talking about. They're in two more that I've seen. In one, he's making up some elaborate story about how his taco salad (?) was named for a war hero (?). In the other, she convinces him to buy more chicken sandwiches because they're suffering through dinner later that night at her parents' house. Funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    There's another Pepsi commercial where it's Darth Vadar trying to get the Pepsi...Too funny!
    I was thinking about that one, too. And how about Chewbacca working with the English music producer?

Any commercial where Star Wars isn't taken too seriously always gets a chuckle out of me.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Current Favorite Commercial: The Dr. Pepper one with Manumanum! I really want to hear it now!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    Critical I've seen that commercial, it's great! Hubby and I also love the yeti guy, we crack up whenever we see it. I love the HP commercials with the song "picture book, pictures of your mama, taken by your papa, a long time ago" love it!
    The last guy I dated looks just like the guy in that commercial karna68! Thankfully, it wasn't a painful breakup or anything, so I don't get bummed every time the commercial comes on

LOVE all the Star Wars commercials. Darth Vader: ".....I'm your uncle

AOL is the devil, but my current favorite is one of their commercials. It's the one where the woman brings a crumb cake to the AOL office as a thank you. The employee pokes her head out of her cubicle: "I smell cake." SO true!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I like the Cingular (?) commercial where the family is on vacation and the spokesguy is talking to the family on the beach. The family blames Wendy on everything..they show her all geeky-like standing there w/braces on.. the spokesguy gives her props for chosing Cingular.. "Nice going Wendy".. and Wendy says, "Thanks"..and gives a goober look toward her family!!

I love that one..makes me laugh hard every time.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I love all four Old Navy commercials so much. I just have to sing along each time they come on.

I love the new Fruit of the Loom underwear commercials. It's made to look like a country music video, with the guys singing "You Can't Over Love", referring to how you can't over love your underwear. The music video shows a story of a son, mother, father and how their Fruit of the Loom underwear makes such a difference. It's all tongue in cheek, and it's funny. But I have to say the song is really good too!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread