+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 153 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

I LOVED the commercial (and that is rare) played on the Super bowl
    with the guy cooking for his gf in her apt. and he's got the big, fluffy white cat covered in tomatoe sauce. good 1!!

anyone like that one?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplyred
    This has been on a while, but I haven't seen it posted yet. The Verizon commercial where the teenagers are shoveling snow and the father is watching out from the living room window. The mom walks up and the father says, "I told them if they shoveled it all, they could talk to their friends all they want." The mom says, "They can already do that...we have the share plan" (or whatever it is...).
    Father: "But they don't know that"
    Mother: "It looks cold out there..."
    Father: "Oh yeah, it's freezing. I'm not going out there."
    They both watch for a while and he sips his coffee and says, "Ooops, I burned myself."
    It makes me giggle everytime I see it.
    I love this commercial, but I can honestly say I've never seen my husband laugh as hard at a commercial as he did with this one. He does the instant replay on the Tivo remote just to hear the dad say "I'm not going out there" over and over and over

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    My new favorite commercial is for Geico (insurance), but it starts out like its a promo for a new reality show - a married couple sharing a house that they have to live in for 1 year, that is too small, and I mean like midget sized too small - everything. The living room looks to be about 5 by 5 and all the furnitire etc shrunk down to scale: It shows "footage", like all the ceilings are 4 1/2 ft high, the bed looks to be about 4 foot long, and you see "clip highlights" of the husband in the kitchen all hunched over "I just want to make a *bleepin* omelet" and night-cam of them in the too small bed, her tossing him off and huffing away out of bed saying "you've GOT to be kidding" etc etc

Then on comes the Geico voiceover. I keep seeing it and it catches my eye everytime, because the clips look so dead-on like a reality show (on FOX of course, because it s so over the top stupid) but I probably WOULD watch it if it were real

I *so* got sucked into believing this was a real reality show. I laugh every time I see it because I'm sure that somewhere some Fox executive is saying "we could DO that!"

I have 2 favorites myself now - one is for Vonage when the guy skis off the roof into the car and it starts that dumb song (woo hoo...woo hoo...hooo....) We walk around my house singing that all day long! And I LOVE the commercial for some sort of cereal where everyone is running late and they all say "okay, I've fed Muffin", "no...I fed Muffin" and the dog walks around the corner and looks like he ate a 50 pound bag of dog food. LOVE it!

I bought that to and said out loud..what the hell is the world coming to. Now when I see it
    I feel stupid LOL
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

I like the commercial that was mentioned above, about the guy and his cat, and how it makes it seem like he is killing it when there is sauce on it. I also like the pepsi commercial, when this famous guy needs a ride to one of the awards shows or something, and he gets driven there in a pepsi truck because his car broke down. then, everyone starts driving pepsi trucks around because of him, and the guy at the end has monster wheels on his pepsi truck. its hard to explain, but its very funny...

I had forgotten about this thread and was going to mention the "rewards" one with the guy on the scale. Even when we have taped something we'll sit through that commercial

I too, bought the Geico Mini House Reality TV show spot the first time.

And:

Quote Originally Posted by phat
    I hadn't noticed Julia Roberts schilling for AOL. Interesting. I wonder why an A-list actress--even one that I massively despise--
    I knew I liked you for more than your brilliance, wit and good looks
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I like the rewards and scale commerical too, and the mini house. I dont remember if I bought that one though....

My new favorite is the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper one. Where the guy and girl are on a date. She takes a drink and all she hears is "ma nam ma na, do do do, ma nam ma na, do do do do"

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    There's two recent ones I like.....

The Yop commercial where all the people are singing but their faces look frozen and only their lips are moving...so funny.

The commercial where the boy digs up his time capsule and all of these 80's /early 90's people start coming out (Kato Kaelin, Dr. Ruth etc)

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife
    My new favorite is the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper one. Where the guy and girl are on a date. She takes a drink and all she hears is "ma nam ma na, do do do, ma nam ma na, do do do do"
    That's my new favorite too! It's silly, but I like it for some reason...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

This one isn't funny, but I love the Mott's commercial where the little girl says "they make different kinds because they know I like different kinds".
    That little girl is to die for.

+ Reply to Thread