+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 153 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

My new favourite commercial is the Anderson Cooper one on CNN that's a parody of Uncle Buck. Some guy fires a bunch of questions to Anderson and he fires back the answers. Always puts a smile on my face, even though CNN is so depressing right now.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    My new favourite commercial is the Anderson Cooper one on CNN that's a parody of Uncle Buck. Some guy fires a bunch of questions to Anderson and he fires back the answers. Always puts a smile on my face, even though CNN is so depressing right now.
    That one is very clever, but it bugs me that it is implied that reporters are supposed to have all the answers. I've yelled at Anderson, "You're supposed to have all the questions!!!!"

Just like it bugs me when the news tells us what someone said, but doesn't let us see it for ourselves, not even a sound bite. Maybe I should be in the simple things that tick me off thread....................
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I'm not sure this belongs here, but it's as good a place as any.

Is anyone else besides me curious how much Julia Roberts got paid to do the voiceover on those new AOL commercials?

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I'm not sure this belongs here, but it's as good a place as any.

Is anyone else besides me curious how much Julia Roberts got paid to do the voiceover on those new AOL commercials?
    I've been wondering that myself. I'm sure it's a hugely unfathomable figure!

I just saw a new one today that I like...a boss at (???) cable company asks his employee to "never use the c-word " and the employee says "Comcast?" at which the boss punches him in the nose and says "I warned him". I guess you have to see it for it to be funny, but it's really unexpected.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I love the new commercial for Queer Eye for the Straight Girl on Bravo? Its really funny - it has the original QE guys "birthing" the new Fab team. I am super excited for this new show, it looks really funny! Anyone else seen this commercial?

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I'm starting to tire of it, but I really enjoyed the HP digital camera and photo printer television ads--yes, the ones where the actors and actresses are holding up photos that come to life as part of the background. Amazing demonstration of technology and video work.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I hadn't noticed Julia Roberts schilling for AOL. Interesting. I wonder why an A-list actress--even one that I massively despise--would agree to slum by doing a television ad for an Internet provider.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I hadn't noticed Julia Roberts schilling for AOL. Interesting. I wonder why an A-list actress--even one that I massively despise--would agree to slum by doing a television ad for an Internet provider.
    Maybe she heard how lucrative it was from Catherine Zeta Jones (T-Mobile) when they were filming Oceans 12 and she had to get her own piece of the pie. Also, when you're just doing a voice-over it doesn't matter how you look, ie. pregnant....just had a couple of babies, you know?
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I'm starting to tire of it, but I really enjoyed the HP digital camera and photo printer television ads--yes, the ones where the actors and actresses are holding up photos that come to life as part of the background. Amazing demonstration of technology and video work.

I STILL love the HP ad. It will go down as one of my all-time faves.

As for Julia: Cha-ching. I'd like to know the $ number myself. How does one get a gig like that, anyway? I sure could use the spare change.

I'm liking that new tax commercial for Jackson Hewitt (I think?) when he says he is finished preparing the taxes and the film is edited to look like the tax is instantly in his hand, then he says he needs to get his jacket and then it is instantly on him. I don't know why, but it makes me giggle each time.

I'm obviously easily entertained.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread