+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 154 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    I only love that AOL commercial for this line:

"Didn't you read that book, Computers For Dummies?"
    "I didn't understand it."
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

FORT Fogey
    For some reason I like the commercial where there's this guy and he says, "Are you writing down everything I say?" "Yes" "Karate Explosion!"

It just sounds like something I would say.

I hate commercials but there are 2 that I don't mind listening to.. The new Toyota commerical with the tire rolling through different scenes of people's everyday lives - I like the song they used.. I was wondering if anyone knew if that was an old song that they used (like Bang on the Drum) or if it was written for Toyota?

The other one I like is by Sears. The woman spray painting her boots on - ad for stretch boots - they fit like a second skin - I really enjoy that song too.

I crack up at the commercial where the guy buys some jeans out of the store display, and next you see shots of the mannequin watching him walk off, then at a bus stop...then creeping up on the jeans buyer while he sleeps. That mannequin just looks so pissed.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Has anybody seen the new Burger King "Beef Lover's" commercials? I'm finding them slightly disturbing. Puts me in mind of the "Chicken Lover" episode of South Park.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Has anybody seen the new Burger King "Beef Lover's" commercials? I'm finding them slightly disturbing. Puts me in mind of the "Chicken Lover" episode of South Park.

The new Burger King commercials from Crispin Porter & Bogusky are really bad, bordering on freaky, and yes... disturbing in some. Since BK switched to Crispin Porter & Bogusky Ad Agency, they've done the ones where the guy wakes up in bed with a guy portraying the Burger King in bed next to him, offering him a sandwich, putting his hand on the guy's knee, etc. And the the 'Chicken Fight' commercials are just downright freaky. They also are responsible for the Dr. Angus 'diet' commercials, which were widely regarded as bad branded advertising (you often had to look hard to see the Burger King logo or other branding in them).

When BK switched to the new ad agency, they gave them a directive to make edgier and more controversial commercials, thinking this would put them ahead of the other QSR (fast-food) markets, and put them in the forefront of a new trend. Unfortunately, it's back-firing on them in a big way, as viewers are flooding BK's corporate office with complaints about them.

I agree... these Crispin Porter Burger King ads are really bad.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I think this is Nextel. The three guys in office, two "dancing" to "uh, baby baby" and one guy sitting on desk with the boombox. Then one more guy (boss?) comes in frustrated claiming that nobody knows where trucks/people are etc. The guys stop music, check online/cell phone locations, and turn the "oh baby baby" back on and carry on doing their "moves"...

.this one is great, they do the check in like 5 seconds and walkie talkie the one guy to ask where he's at and he says, airport. then back to the dancing as they know whats going on

There's a new hockey commercial out that is absolutely priceless.

It's all men forlornly looking at turned off TV screens crying and singing - it's absolutely hilarious!!!!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I have a couple... Haven't read the whole thread, but I will!

The Michael Vick experience. That guy in the machine cracks me up as he's running down the field.

The Cingular/Nextel/I don't know which that has the couples calling plan... Why's the bill so high, who are you calling? You! You! YYYYooooooou!

I actually forgot what product the commercial was for but it had a couple in their house and the one was so happy and jumped on the bed and flew right out the window!! Does anyone remember this or is it a figment of my imagination?

The New York Post had a commerical recently. Two guys walk up to the newspaper machine, open it up, take a paper and an octopus flies onto and sticks to the one guy's face.... The OTHER guy starts screaming like a little girl and jumping around.... You may have to be in my area to have seen this one, and it was only on for a week or two......

The supervisor commericial
    The "Tiny House" for Geico

The one for the shower, where the couple races into the house, tearing off clothes to be the one who gets in first....

DJ Girl --- I haven't seen that! Where is it on? Specific channel???
    Could does not mean should

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I crack up at the commercial where the guy buys some jeans out of the store display, and next you see shots of the mannequin watching him walk off, then at a bus stop...then creeping up on the jeans buyer while he sleeps. That mannequin just looks so pissed.
    That one cracks me up hep!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread