+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 154 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

There's some commercial on now -- I think it's for Visa or something, but it has a man repeatedly buying sports equipment trying to find what sport his son is good at. The son is this little six-year-old, or thereabouts. In one shot he's doing swimming, and when the other swimmers dive, he stands frozen on the block, skinny and looking like a scared rabbit, with his ears sticking out from under his swimming cap, and he just looks so hilarious that the entire commercial is funny to me.
    (he eventually excels at chess, btw).
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Which is why this commercial bugs me. The song does say "school's out forever" Alice!
    The song actually has both lines in it. Here is the chorus:

School's out for summer
    School's out forever
    My school's been blown to pieces
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    The Starbuck's commerical where Journey is following a guy singing about becoming a 'superviser'
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    The new 'Got Milk' ad where there is a destitute family (not sure..Russian?) sitting around eating probably soup...then the Pillsbury Dough Boy comes giggling in with a plate of cookies.
    The family gets all excited, music, dancing..everybody is chowing down the cookies when the mom comes out of the kitchen and screams something in another language (but you know it's "WE'RE OUT OF MILK!"), holding an empty milk carton..
    The kids are all wide eyed with their mouths open and cookie crumbs falling out...and then it pans to the Pillsbury Dough Boy NOT SMILING and his eyes shifting to the plate of cookies.

It's classic!! Cracks us up every time we see it.. but they are starting to overplay it.

I love the Southwest Airlines commercials when football season starts.. one of them that was GREAT, was a woman shopping for towels. She is looking at them and another lady is standing behind her when suddenly the woman twists up the towel and snaps the other woman's ass!!

Also, for football season.. Budweiser (I THINK it's Bud) always has great ones. The ones I'm liking from them are the ones where the ref whips a yellow penalty flag into whatever situation is going on and he goes on to explain the offenses by the guy!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by greycoatonawitc
    The Starbuck's commerical where Journey is following a guy singing about becoming a 'superviser'
    I love that one! The only problem is that I walk around afterwards singing to myself - "Ben! Ben, Ben, Ben!..."
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I am strangely in love with the nutty commercial where the girl screams "What lottery did my nose just win????? I love air!"

And strangely enough, I have absolutely no recollection what product they're advertising. I am testament to a marketing failure. oops
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fan
    I love the Leon commericals where he says "Leon can't do everything" and "there ain't no "i" in team, yeah well there's no we either".

I love the insane Schwarzenegger commercials. I can't even begin to describe them.

I also really like the George Romero directed Resident Evil 2 trailer featuring Brad Renfro.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I am strangely in love with the nutty commercial where the girl screams "What lottery did my nose just win????? I love air!"

And strangely enough, I have absolutely no recollection what product they're advertising. I am testament to a marketing failure. oops

Those are Old Navy commercials. I like that one and the one with the girl who jumps up in class and says something like "Thanks, Mr. First Dude for writing it all down. Let's study!"

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    Yeah, she says something along the lines of, "History? I LOVE history! So sequential. Something happens, and then, something ELSE happens! Thanks, first guy, for writing history down! Let's study!"

I watch too many commercials.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

+ Reply to Thread