+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 154 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keemameelia
    I love the Barq's Root Beer (I think?????) from about a year or 2 ago where the young guy is interviewing and keeps calling his boss-hopeful "Mr. Dumb-ass." Finally, at the end, the boss says "The name is DuMas." After the interviewee leaves, Mr. DuMas says, "What a dumb-ass." Bit racy for U.S. TV, but that's why it's so great.

I saw a foreign one the other day for some little European car that made a rhino want to hump it. It was very disturbing to see a rhino hump a car.
    That's Mug rootbeer, I liked the other one where the husband is looking at his shirt collar and says "Honey this isn't your lipstick." And says something about the wedding video.

Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen
    That's Mug rootbeer, I liked the other one where the husband is looking at his shirt collar and says "Honey this isn't your lipstick." And says something about the wedding video.
    Now that one is hilarious. That clod is so clueless. I love how he digs himself into a hole so unaware.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    I love the Visa commercial with the Patriots fan playing football in the woods with trees. Hilarious.

The NFL newlywed game commercials are pretty good too.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by TymeMarteen
    I am in love with the sprint commercials, specifically the one where the coach pulls aside the soccer player and says "tommy, you kicked the soccer ball over 300 times, and your overage penalty is [such and such a number]" The look on that little boys face is priceless and then he says something like "i have to think."
    To me that is cute and funny. Little kids make me laugh, just like the chewy commercials where all the little kids are telling their family secrets and it's like "Kids talk a lot... Chewy"
    I'm with you.....I love both of these. My other favorite is Starbucks. A guy is walking down the street and a rock band is following him around singing new lyrics to 'Eye of the Tiger'. One of the lines is something like, "One day he hopes he will be.......supervisor." They all end up in an elevator at work, the guy gets out, a new guy gets in and they start singing for him, "Roy.....Roy, Roy Roy." I'm not explaining this very good, but trust me, it's hysterical. (This is why I don't tell jokes. )
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

What's a commercial? I have a remote control.

I love:

All of the identity theft commercials.
    The swiffer commercial - lady dusting friends house.

The Geico Insurance commercial when the gecko sings "Kung Foo Fighting".

Too Funny

Has anyone seen the commercial where the guy is trying to ship a package to "Cloud 9" or "Funkytown"? I think it is for UPS or FedEx. Anyway, I think it is kind of clever.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

I have only seen this commercial once and didn't catch who the advertising was for, but it was a man sitting on a couch and he tries to swat a fly or some kind of bug with a rolled up paper and the bug comes back at him and beats him up. At the very end of the commercial the bug gives the guy a wedgie.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar
    i forget what beer it is (maybe budwiser) where a guy and girl are making out on the couch. then he goes into the kitchen and dances with the beer in his hands then returns to the girl and beer sprays all over her

it's not suspose to be a funny commerical but it's for a drug for a certain male problem...one item on the list of side effects is "if it lasts more than 6 hours seek medical attention" it always makes me giggle.
    April is Autism awareness month!! I have 6 year old faternal twins with Autism. they are wonderful little guys. It's not misbehaving....it's a disablity.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order
    I love the latest back-to-school commercial for Staples. You see this young girl all ticked off about shopping for school supplies. She finally looks at her "Dad" and says, "You said 'School's Out Forever'."

Then Alice Cooper corrects her and says, "No, the song says, 'School's Out For Summer'!"

We used to sing that song as we ran out of school for the last time for summer vaca. "School's out for summer. School's out forever. School's been blown to pieces. No more pencils. No more books. No more teachers dirty looks.

Ok, I was really young and probably didn't know all the words. It was a fun song on the last day of school. Back then, no one blew up schools.

Also, there was a Roy Roger's commercial several years ago that got yanked because cafeteria workers were protesting around the country.

"So we have to say goodbye for the summer..." and they show all the meals in the cafeteria and the sad cafeteria ladies.

Then you see all the great food you can get at Roy's. Boy, I miss that place. Most of them in Jersey have closed. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by gagi
    Then Alice Cooper corrects her and says, "No, the song says, 'School's Out For Summer'!"

We used to sing that song as we ran out of school for the last time for summer vaca. "School's out for summer. School's out forever.
    Which is why this commercial bugs me. The song does say "school's out forever" Alice!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread