+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4898138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1538
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

Awwwww... that's adorable, cablejockey. Thanks for sharing the link. I hadn't seen that one.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's been a while since I've seen my camel commercial, and I am missing it! Camel withdrawal.
    You know what day it is? Huh? What day is it?
    It's Hump Day!!!

Merry Christmas & Hump Day! 🐫
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Since forever, I have gotten a kick out of the nerd commercials for Sonic restaurants. The latest one has the blonde guy bemoaning having to 'spice' an injury he has, per doctor's orders. The other guy tells him that he needs to ICE the injury, and the other guy starts rejoicing, "I'm Gonna Live! I'm Gonna Live!".....super-relieved!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kiz

I just saw this thread for the first time. There are some very clever commercials around. My favorite from 2013, and it might be my all time favorite, is one by Fiat. I searched this thread using several key terms, and I didn't see it here.

It's a very funny twist on The British are Coming theme.

2014 Fiat 500L commercial "The British are coming... the Italians are coming..." - YouTube
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I can't remember which dog food it's for, but I find some of the new dog food commercials really cute. The one I'm talking about now has the song "to a point, I was good, tried to do the things I should, tried to do what you said, tried to sleep in my own bed....but my bones wouldn't rest till i put me to my test, and i remember what you said.....I could be great, so so great...."

Anybody know the one? I love that commercial. I'm a sucker for animals especially dogs. There is another dog food one where this huge Irish Wolfhound or some such practically knocks down a young lady in military attire, licks her face, etc. It's so adorable to see that huge dog giving her kisses while she lies on the ground. what a gentle giant!

eta: by the same token, and speaking of animals and commercials, I absolutely hate those ASPCA commercials with all the sad eyed doggies and kitties and the horrible captions like "when will they stop beating me?" I can't stand to watch it, neither can anybody I know. It's very long and it just rips your heart out. I realize the point is to make money to help the animals, but I find it total overkill. We know, we know! we don't need to be hit over the head with a 2x4.
    Last edited by lilymax; 01-04-2014 at 10:55 PM.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

I like the Oikos Greek yogurt "I wish every man looked like John Stamos..." commercial - FOR NOW - I'm on the verge of having seen it too many times already.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I absolutely hate those ASPCA commercials with all the sad eyed doggies and kitties and the horrible captions like "when will they stop beating me?" I can't stand to watch it, neither can anybody I know. It's very long and it just rips your heart out. I realize the point is to make money to help the animals
    That's what you're supposed to think, but almost all the money goes to their lobby efforts, almost none at all directly to help animals or animal shelters.

I like the car commercial of the giant "baby" and its doting father.

I love the giant baby car commercial too. Kinda freaks my 3yr old grandson out though. It is very hard to explain that its not real. So I just keep telling him that its cute.

I love the commercial with the little boy who gets his football took away from him by a big bully. Bully tells him to come back when he has a team. So his mom drives him around looking for kids to be on his team. First is two extreme weightlifting brothers. Then a kid who's a welder, and then another kid who is rescuing a grown man from a fire. They show back up at the park and the bully says, "Touch or tackle." They all say tackle in unison. I told my husband it plays well because the kids really pull it off. They all look as bad ass as they're supposed to be. And I just love that the mom drove him around finding this team. My oldest son was bullied and I wish he'd been able to find kids like that who had his back.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I LOVE that commercial (football). I was just coming here to say how much I like it, too.
    CantGetNuf and Brooks like this.
    Count your blessings!

I couldn't remember the other boy he recruited but it just came to me that he's a bear wrestler.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

+ Reply to Thread