+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

This Guinness commercial is one of my favorites of all time.

Inspiring Guinness Wheelchair Basketball Commercial - YouTube
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I've never seen that before - really touching.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Please tell me you've all seen the new Kmart ad for Joe Boxer??? Hilarious.

K-mart has been doing great with their advertising recently. Clever spots that spark conversation both good and bad. Any publicity is good publicity! But, unfortunately for them, their target demographic is not going to be spurred to action based on these and I'm not sure they'll gain new customers from them either.
    I just saw this one the first time last night. I loved it & thought it was hysterical, and I haven't been called young or hip for many years. In fact, I can be a bit of a stick-in-the-mud.
    I was in K-Mart today & thought of it & made a point of going to the Joe Boxer section to buy something. They do make good stuff.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I don't know why exactly, but the Hulu Plus commercial with the boss lady and her boy toy cracks me up every single time I see it.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I like the KFC commercials where the "Dad" has two older men on each side of him on the couch. The old men start arguing with each other so he hands them both a chicken leg and they immediately shut up and start eating. Then it ends with "Dad" between two little boys. They start arguing and he hands them both a cookie. If only it worked that well. My family still finds a way to criticize even with their mouth full.

Folgers has another new holiday commercial this year. Thank goodness. The one they've been using the last few years kind of creeped me out. lol
    Their best one was where the boy comes home from college and his little sister meets him at the door and tells him everyone is sleeping. He says they should let them sleep. They make a pot of coffe, mom and dad come in and mom says, "Peter!". Really tugs at the heart string.
    Then they started using one in the same context but the sister was older. There was something about the actors that creeped me out. It seemed like they were flirting rather then sibling banter. I haven't liked it and am glad they got a new one this year.
    In the new one grandma wakes up with the baby. She makes coffee and then starts reminiscing with the baby about past Christmases. Her smoking hot son wakes up, grabs a cup of coffee, and finds her and the baby and thanks her for the coffee. As a grandmother it kind of tugs at the heart strings. As a woman I appreciate that the grandmother produced such a fine looking offspring. I like this new one better then the old one but it still lacks the emotion of, "Peter!"
    KatesMom likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm getting a big kick out of the Walmart mom commercial. The one where she can't wait for Christmas and even opens her kids eyes because she is so excited for him to see his gifts. She reminds me of me when my son was young, except the eye opening thing. I used to get so excited to see him open his gifts and I could be so impatient in having to wait for everyone else to sit down and get ready.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

This isn't a commercial I love, but rather one I would love to go away. It's actually a series of commercials.
    Kids are going to see a Mall Santa, but instead of acting childlike & telling Santa their list, they are smart mouth, entitled brats. They get lippy with Santa & tell him they don't have time for this, like they're talking down to him, & want some expensive powerful cars or trucks & tell him where to leave it & then trot off as if their time is way to important for this.
    What I'd love to see is Santa saying "You get NOTHING! You little brat."

It's for some auto company, I think. By the time they get to that I'm so disgusted that I'm not paying attention to who it's for.
    I suppose I should so I can avoid that company like the plague & never buy a thing from them.
    Awful, just awful.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Yes! I was just complaining about those commercials to my husband this morning. I can't stand for any child to get smart with any adult in a commercial or on tv. Same reason I can't stand the Lily character on Modern Family.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's been a while since I've seen my camel commercial, and I am missing it! Camel withdrawal.
    MiaT2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Last night I saw this charming commercial for Netflix and it was told from the viewpoint of a Christmas Angel decoration that has been sitting on top of this family's tree year after year.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYzTeWf3nOQ
    inthegarden likes this.

+ Reply to Thread