+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I like the Special K "More than a Number" commercial where they are measuring women for jeans. The measurements are words instead of sizes...strong, fierce, fabulous.
    I love the idea behind this commercial, but as a numbers person, it drives me nuts. Numbers are definite. They are clear & defined. You know what you're doing with them. They aren't open to interpretation unless you are trying to make more of them than what they are.
    Every time I watch this commercial I think: "How do they buy the right jeans?" "How in the heck do they know what size they are?" "What if they like another descriptive word better, but don't fit those jeans?" It's so confusing.

I know, I'm overthinking it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lighten up!! Nobody's going shopping looking for those words! You can name your jeans anything you want! Your jeans, your children, your pets, your husbands, your mothers-in-law, etc.!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The Hump Day commercial is working. It is really popular and has pushed Geico towards being the number 2 car insurer.

The camel's name is Caleb.

There is a piece here on how it was conceived, etc. Breaking News Headlines: Business, Entertainment & World News - CBS News

It is a video ... so I didn't know if it was legal to post copyrighted footage.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

It's very popular with my middle school students.
    Count your blessings!

Why does that not surprise me??? It's probably popular with all of the schools!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This morning, on GMA, they were talking about a middle school that had banned any of the "camel talk". I've never understood how anyone could stand to teach middle school, but this bit is funny and since I love to laugh, I'd find their behavior hilarious! They showed this one boy walking around his home, hunched over, saying "Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike!!" I'm sure he was irritating, but I totally loved it! You can't beat a kid with a good sense of humor. I'll try not to laugh.....right before I crumble!

They say we'll be seeing more of the camel, but that just might be a mistake. I say get out while you're on top and let it lay.
    Sticker likes this.

I've always loved teaching middle school, but I have to say, it's getting harder and harder. The kids are getting meaner, sneakier, and more entitled. Parents blame the teacher instead of trying to raise their kids right, government keeps heaping more and more "other than teaching" requirements on us. I come home exhausted every day. I didn't used to feel this way at all.
    On topic: I really liked the commercial with the zombie whose ear falls off until it started playing ALL THE TIME. Now I turn the channel. Overkill.
    Count your blessings!

I LOVE!!! the commercial about the cowboy whose internet service is so fast he has time to learn Chinese - with a western drawl. I crack up every time I see it.
    Count your blessings!

I love the one about the little plastic bottle that wants to live at the ocean. After rolling, bouncing, etc. around on the ground in the city, all dirty & beat up, someone picks him up & puts him in a recycling bin. He ends up being recycled to a bench overlooking the ocean. He's happy now.
    The first time I saw it I got wrapped up in the little bottle's story & was smiling at the end. I love a happy ending.

It's a "Recycle" commercial.
    Ellen likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I love the Yoplait commercial where the teenage girl is talking about her mom swapping out one of her snacks for Yoplait. She says she doesn't mind, just like she didn't mind when her mom complained that her boyfriend Bobby was too edgy. She just swapped him out for another guy. The way both guys say "What's up, girl?" just cracks me up every time!!! lololol!!

Here's a link to it, for those who haven't seen it: Yoplait TV Commercial, 'Little Tricks' - iSpot.tv

+ Reply to Thread