Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

It's still on the air here in Mass.
    I think it's cute.
    prhoshay and Ellen like this.
    Count your blessings!

The favorite new commercial in our house is the GEICO one Happier than a Camel on Wednesday. Where the camel is walking around an office asking everyone what day it is.

My DH and I walk around going "what, what!!"
    Yes, we have issues. And are clearly easily amused.
    Brooks likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I haven't seen that one. I'll have to watch for it. I like the "How happy" Geico commercials.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    Count your blessings!

The Geico commercial where the pig is zip-lining.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I love the Cheerios commercial where the little girl pours Cheerios on her Dad's upper body. I can't see where anyone could have a problem with it.
    After the uproar started, I made a point to pay attention to it to see if it seemed at all odd or out of place, or even remotely innapropriate. Nope! Nothing.

Some people are idiot jerks, just looking to find problems where there aren't any.
    I swear I must be completely obtuse! I saw the commercial recently. I also remember reading about some controversy with a Cheerios commercial and a mixed race family. But until I just read these posts here, I never put two and two together. I just thought the commercial was adorable and that the little girl was trying to protect her father. I actually never even focused on the race of the people in the commercial!!
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I'm in the same situation ... and I have not seen them either. I wonder why. They sound funny.

ETA: These 2 commercials can be viewed on YouTube. Apparently people complained and they were forced to take them off the air so they are online only.
    OMG seriously? I have no words.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I swear I must be completely obtuse! I saw the commercial recently. I also remember reading about some controversy with a Cheerios commercial and a mixed race family. But until I just read these posts here, I never put two and two together. I just thought the commercial was adorable and that the little girl was trying to protect her father. I actually never even focused on the race of the people in the commercial!!
    Same here. I saw the commercial and remembered it as being funny and cute. I didn't notice race until someone pointed it out. BTW here's a great spoof on all of the to-do about this: Cheerios Parody: Hilarious Spoof Of Biracial Ad Responds To Haters (VIDEO)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    The favorite new commercial in our house is the GEICO one Happier than a Camel on Wednesday. Where the camel is walking around an office asking everyone what day it is.

My DH and I walk around going "what, what!!"
    Yes, we have issues. And are clearly easily amused.

Finally got to see this one, and it is HILARIOUS!!! The camel kept wanting his coworkers to say that it was HUMP DAY!!!! THAT made the commercial!

GEICO has really good writers!!!

Too Cute!!
    MiaT2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The Cheerios commercial. A little boy and his mom are having breakfast and he ask his mom if Nana ever gave her Cheerios when she was little? Mom answers yeah ..he goes on to ask if Cheerios were the same. Mom answers yeah, pretty much the same. He says So when we have Cheerios, it's like having breakfast with Nana...
    Photobabe likes this.

Oh, I know... I teared up at that one yesterday. I did feel a little jerked around, though. Now watch this oldie.
    1960s Kodak ad "Turn Around" - YouTube
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread