+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

I think they have been mentioned, but I laughed out loud at the K-mart commercials (Ship my Pants and the more recent Big Gas Problem). Seriously, these commercials make me actually think about shopping there, just to support them. Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I think they have been mentioned, but I laughed out loud at the K-mart commercials (Ship my Pants and the more recent Big Gas Problem). Seriously, these commercials make me actually think about shopping there, just to support them. Genius!
    Why have I not seen either one of these commercials? I have a K-Mart near by. I watch TV. Are these regional or national?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I've been enjoying,in a quiet way, the Cheerios series of commercials...family scenes--like the one where the middle aged guy is eating his Cheerios and says something to his wife about how heart healthy they are, and she agrees and pats him on his (balding) head, and says, yes, but you still have to go to the gym.
    The most recent one has a little girl saying to her mom, dad says Cheerios are good for his heart, is that right? And the mom says yes, the little girl leaves, and the next scene is of dad waking up from a nap on the couch with the left side of his chest covered in Cheerios. Quietly funny, the kind of misinterpretation kids do all the time that makes for good family stories, but this one is apparently hugely controversial because the parents are not of the same race and the child is obviously mixed. The commercial attracted so many racist comments that they had to close down the comment line for it. Hard to believe in this day and age.... I'm only hoping the little girl actress, who is adorable, is unaware of what is going on.

MiaT2---your dad makes a good point--of all insurance companies to have a foreign spokesthing--"government employees" is the least likely. Are there no American geckos?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You're kidding, right? Since the election of President Obama, the racism pot has been more turbulent than ever.
    elleprn likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Why have I not seen either one of these commercials? I have a K-Mart near by. I watch TV. Are these regional or national?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    I'm in the same situation ... and I have not seen them either. I wonder why. They sound funny.

ETA: These 2 commercials can be viewed on YouTube. Apparently people complained and they were forced to take them off the air so they are online only.
    Last edited by echo226; 06-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still see the baby with the WTH look on his face everyday.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

California Earthquake Authority has a PSA featuring actors as a mixed race family (oriental/caucasian). It is quite good in reminding people that there is insurance (expensive as heck, though) and preparedness is not just about remembering where the flashlights are located.
    Ellen likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    California Earthquake Authority has a PSA featuring actors as a mixed race family (oriental/caucasian). It is quite good in reminding people that there is insurance (expensive as heck, though) and preparedness is not just about remembering where the flashlights are located.
    Is that the one where the kid says (about the earthquake), "It was cool!" And the dad (I think) quickly follows with "It was NOT cool..."
    Love that one, too.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Is that the one where the kid says (about the earthquake), "It was cool!" And the dad (I think) quickly follows with "It was NOT cool..."
    Love that one, too.
    Yes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I love the Cheerios commercial where the little girl pours Cheerios on her Dad's upper body. I can't see where anyone could have a problem with it.
    After the uproar started, I made a point to pay attention to it to see if it seemed at all odd or out of place, or even remotely innapropriate. Nope! Nothing.

Some people are idiot jerks, just looking to find problems where there aren't any.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread