+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Commercials I love

I love the gecko's Australian accent!!!
    Lil Bit likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I loved the one where someone says, Australian? I thought you were English? Or South African? and the gecko says, ummmm and you don't find out!

The new at&t commercial where the kids are in the den, Dad's in the kitchen cooking, the brother starts out playing a rock song intro, sister joins with second part, little brother joins with the third part...you hear a high pitched clang, clang, clang in the background. The kids look up and Dad is standing in the kitchen doorway banging on a skillet with a wooden spoon. The facial expressions on the kid's and Dad's faces are priceless.
    (I hate to say it but......I've done that.)
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

inthegarden - the only thing that annoys me about that commercial is that the likelihood of a bunch of today's tweens not just being aware of, but voluntarily playing a classic rock song like Smoke on the Water is fairly slim to none.

PWS & phroshay - it's funny you guys mention the accent. My Dad hates that gecko with the fire of a thousand suns. Mainly the reason being is he feels that the spokes-thing for the Government Employees Insurance Company should sound like they are at least American.

Saw the best commercial today for Audi - Spock vs Spock. Awesome and hilarious. Google it. You won't be disappointed.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Audi - Spock vs. Spock was hilarious. Thanks for the nod.
    Ellen and spockwhat like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Just watched it. BEST commercial ever! Somehow I found the best part was the real Spock singing in his car... if you can take a Spock vs. Spock situation and somehow infuse a Bilbo song. Holy crap. That's nerd stuff heaven.
    Ellen and Hyper like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Just watched it. BEST commercial ever! Somehow I found the best part was the real Spock singing in his car... if you can take a Spock vs. Spock situation and somehow infuse a Bilbo song. Holy crap. That's nerd stuff heaven.
    The part that made me laugh the most loudly was the Vulcan nerve pinch.
    Go, old Spock!
    Brooks likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I've seen that one! Hilarious.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Unimpressed.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love the State Farm commercial where the mother is conversing with the agent, and the mime comes up and starts talking to them. The look on that baby's face is PRICELESS!!! The look is better than when the baby starts talking about the strangeness of the mime!
    KatesMom likes this.

+ Reply to Thread