+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

You are correct! It's a commercial for a VW. So funny.

2013 VW Passat

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have two new favorites.

One is KFC and the dad eats his chicken and his kids yell, "YOU ATE THE BONES!" Dad looks down, sees no bones and yells, "I ATE THE BONES!" Repeat. Too funny. (If for boneless chicken.)
    I just saw this one for the first time this weekend. I LOL'd. The way the dad says it & the look on his face is priceless.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I love the Flo commercials for Progressive. They're always cute & funny.
    They have one commercial that should be against the law. That one where the wrestling ring announcer yells, "Let's get ready to ruuummmmble!" and the last word is held what seems like forever, and then they show that it's a recording. That commercial is totally obnoxious and the noise is offensive.

That hilarious KFC commercial about "You ate the bones!!" stars comedian Mark Curry. I've never thought he was funny until this commercial!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like the new kmart shipping commercial... silly potty humor.
    waywyrd likes this.
    remember to play

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    They have one commercial that should be against the law. That one where the wrestling ring announcer yells, "Let's get ready to ruuummmmble!" and the last word is held what seems like forever, and then they show that it's a recording. That commercial is totally obnoxious and the noise is offensive.

That hilarious KFC commercial about "You ate the bones!!" stars comedian Mark Curry. I've never thought he was funny until this commercial!
    Haha prhoshay. I just posted about that commercial in the I wanna stick my foot thru my TV thread. Spo annoying.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I like that one because it is a spoof of the legendary wrestling announcer doing his call, "Let's Get Ready To Rummmmmble!"

Instead they changed the phrase to "Let's Get Ready To Bunnnndle" and Flo is so fascinated that she forgets to push the Bundle button and misses the announcer giving her physical cues. When she finally hits the button, he collapses and proclaims that he is too old for this. This announcer has parodied his opening call for many years and this was just one more time.

I found it funny...I guess because I know the background.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I like the KFC commercial for their chicken nuggets where the father pulls one over on his tween-age daughter. It's the father's deadpan delivery of the punchline that makes it so great.

Also - this was on MSN this morning. A new Evian commercial where people encounter their reflections as babies. It made me smile
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    I love the new one for the NFL Play 60 campaign with the little kid challenging Cam Newton. "I'm just loosening my arm....."
    is that the one where he says "All your fans with love me" "even your mom", And Cam says, let's not get carried away? LOL
    Jamie5632 likes this.

OMG! LOVE that EVIAN baby commercial. That's cool! How fun is that.
    PWS likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I love that commercial!! It is for a car - the Honda Accord, I think. Because they keep hitting the car with the ball, and the point is to get a car that can withstand a lot and will last so long that you can pass it on - something that your son will actually be happy you passed on to him!!

Pikachu - I guess I have to join you in the OCD thread, because I ALWAYS eat my Triscuits along the grain!!
    You HAVE to eat plain triscuits that way... if you go against the grain they crack up and make a mess! Not sure why that happens less with a topping...

I think the car might be an Acura (I have an Accord so I think I'd recall that), but I agree, great commercial---I wonder if dads think it is as funny as moms do.

My new favorite is, I think, advertising orange juice, but it uses that Sunny Day song (I"m in love and it's a sunny day, good day, sunshine, etc.). I love that song, and I love that the singer is not some glamour queen, but a sort of Tina Fey normal looking woman (no doubt some famous singer I never heard of!). Also like the little syncopated clap the dancers do just before they get up and dance.

Also like the Progressive ads....I especially like the one where Flo and a customer guy who looks like a wet John Stamos are in a pouring rain, and it starts off like some kind of soapy romance film...I'll always be there for you.
    Also really enjoying the Geico ones recently where the gecko is critiquing the commercials as they are being made.

+ Reply to Thread