+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

Me too, I guess, as I grew up with them. But diff'rent strokes!

It just reminded me of a cookbook (The White-Trash Cookbook or something similar) a friend has that we had some laughs over -- in large part because several of the recurring ingredients (including stuff like Velveeta, Spam, Wonder Bread, canned cream-of-whatever soup) were things embraced by our mothers. And which we never use ourselves for health and taste preferences.

Back to topic: Commercial I love? Can't think of one for which I'd say "love," but the last one to make me laugh is the "Mayhem" blind-spot one.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had the BEST broccoli-rice casserole made with Velveeta many years ago. I am sure it was a guaranteed artery-clogger, but it was fabulous!!! Somebody's mother sent it to me, and I haven't made it since. I decided that it was probably time to clog up a little, after probably 15 or so years, and I searched the internet until I found the recipe! And then I ran into the guy, a couple of years ago, whose mother sent me the recipe! It was all meant to be!

My former husband introduced me to the fried Spam and cheese sandwich thing. He came from a large, poor family, so this was yummy special for them. Maybe this is why most of them are dead now?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I had the BEST broccoli-rice casserole made with Velveeta many years ago. I am sure it was a guaranteed artery-clogger, but it was fabulous!!! Somebody's mother sent it to me, and I haven't made it since. I decided that it was probably time to clog up a little, after probably 15 or so years, and I searched the internet until I found the recipe! And then I ran into the guy, a couple of years ago, whose mother sent me the recipe! It was all meant to be!

My former husband introduced me to the fried Spam and cheese sandwich thing. He came from a large, poor family, so this was yummy special for them. Maybe this is why most of them are dead now?
    Mmm, that recipe sounds great!

I think I still have a Velveeta recipe booklet at home somewhere. I also have a Philadelphia cream cheese recipe booklet. My mom collected a lot of cookbooks and I sometimes buy the little recipe booklets at the checkout counter at the store.

The broccoli and rice recipe I have calls for cheez whiz but velveeta is about the same and I use it a lot as a substitute. The one commercial I like right now is about the Johnsonville chicken sausages with the broccoli, penne and other veggies and the sausage but I can't find the sausage and have looked everywhere.

I don't make the casserole very often because I would eat the whole thing.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Being from Detroit, I love all the Chrysler commercials that have aired since the Super Bowl - with the Eminem song playing in the background. Don't know if others appreciate it, but being from here - I really love them.

FORT Fogey

Target. I love their new ad; Alouette is such an ulifting song. This was a genius move; I stop to listen to it if I see it as I am FFing!
    Uncle David likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Target. I love their new ad; Alouette is such an ulifting song. This was a genius move; I stop to listen to it if I see it as I am FFing!
    I find the song annoying, especially after hearing it 15 times a day while watching tv. Commercials have ruined many songs I once liked simply because I get tired of hearing them over and over again.

I'm not a particular fan of that commercial - mainly because the song gets stuck in my head!! Now, the commercial that has a song that I like is the Bare Minerals commercial for their new eye makeup collection. It's something like California Hustler.

There's a commercial out now for Sprint/ATT? with a little girl dressed like tree complaining that her Dad was too busy downloading an app instead of watching her in her school play. I love this commercial because of the way she delivers her line "Watch out for my rooooots!" I say it along with her every time. LOL.

Also I'm seeing a resurgance of one of my favorite clever commercials. It's for Kohler and the ad shows one of a man in one of their multi-jet shower systems singing along with opera while the jets go on and off with the music. At the end it turns out he's the plumber setting it up for the homeowners and he tells them they're all set while he's wet and refastening his clothes.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm not a particular fan of that commercial - mainly because the song gets stuck in my head!! Now, the commercial that has a song that I like is the Bare Minerals commercial for their new eye makeup collection. It's something like California Hustler.

There's a commercial out now for Sprint/ATT? with a little girl dressed like tree complaining that her Dad was too busy downloading an app instead of watching her in her school play. I love this commercial because of the way she delivers her line "Watch out for my rooooots!" I say it along with her every time. LOL.

Also I'm seeing a resurgance of one of my favorite clever commercials. It's for Kohler and the ad shows one of a man in one of their multi-jet shower systems singing along with opera while the jets go on and off with the music. At the end it turns out he's the plumber setting it up for the homeowners and he tells them they're all set while he's wet and refastening his clothes.
    I like this one too. I haven't seen the other. I watch most shows from my DVR. I will stop the FF when I see a little girl in a tree costume.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I get a big kick out of that commercial, too, since that was a song that our mother taught us as chidren. I looked up the English translation a couple of days ago, and was surprised at what I found. It is about plucking a lark's feathers....and I still love it!! I just don't think about the poor little lark! It's a fun song to sing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread