+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Little Darth Vader using "the force" to start the family car. Love it, love it, love it.
    I love this one. The little boy playing Darth is also on The Young and The Restless and plays Reed!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I also like the eTrade commercials with that baby that talks. The most recent one about being in his crib because apparently riding the dog is "frowned upon in this house" just cracks me up every time!
    That ETrade baby looks EXACTLY like my DS looked at that age. DS is now 25yo and that particular baby has done a few of the ETrade commercials. DH&I have to rewind it and rewatch it every time it comes on because it takes both of us all the way back to when Mike was that age. Even right down to the onesie. And our Mike (while he is in his 2nd year of law school and a pretty good kid) he is our "house devil street angel" hahahaha Even when we showed the ETrade commercial the first time we saw it a few years ago to Mike, he laughed as he knew it was him. There is another one where the baby is wearing a golf cap and scolding someone about not being on the 'cart path' . omg, hahaha.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    It is a brilliant commercial, especially the full version that was aired during the last Super Bowl (I think.)
    Hi, Newf!
    Yup -- Super Bowl. The last one that the Packers won!
    My fave, too.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I love all of the car insurance commercials with the Mayhem guy. The newest one has him as a toddler in the back seat drinking from a sippy cup, throwing Cheerios around, and yelling, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" And then he looks right into the camera with a knowing smirk. Cracks me up every time.
    I was just coming on here to post about this one, frickin' hilarious!! I love how he throws the sippy cup too Whoever came up with this ad campaign is genius!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I was just coming on here to post about this one, frickin' hilarious!! I love how he throws the sippy cup too Whoever came up with this ad campaign is genius!
    I love those Mayhem commercials, too. That one is particularly funny!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I love the car commercials where the younger people are all concerned about their parents having no lives, especially the one where the young woman is shocked they have so few facebook friends and wonders what they do with their time--and they're out biking, hiking etc. while she's on-line.
    Those commercials annoy me. So what, the young lady who thinks she's so with it has 600 some "friends". How many of those has she actually gotten to know on a one on one basis? Her parents might have fewer Facebook friends but they probably have a closer relationship with those friends.

I know a lot of people like that who collect Facebook friends thinking it's cool for the sheer volume of them but that doesn't impress me. It just comes across as shallow.

I love Mayhem!!

There is a commercial for some sort of Velveeta skillet meal that cracks me up every time. The look on the woman's face as the big brawny blacksmith is helping her make the meal all seductively is what sets me off. From googling, it seems some people think the ads are creepy or send some wierd message about women cooking. I dunno. I think they're funny. And I kind of want to see the facebook ad where he talks about "the book of face" hee!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    There is a commercial for some sort of Velveeta skillet meal that cracks me up every time. The look on the woman's face as the big brawny blacksmith is helping her make the meal all seductively is what sets me off. From googling, it seems some people think the ads are creepy or send some wierd message about women cooking. I dunno. I think they're funny. And I kind of want to see the facebook ad where he talks about "the book of face" hee!
    Those are funny/weird. I can never decide if I like them or not but I think it's funny the expressions on the woman's face while he's talking about smiting potatoes and covering them with liquid gold, like she's thinking "Is this dude for real??". lol!

I have to agree with momrek06 about the ETrade commercials. I always rewind and watch a few more times!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I did see one of those commercials recently. It didn't strike me as creepy, I also thought it was funny because of the look on the woman's face! This made me curious enough to look up the "book of face" ad.
    Velveeta Cheesy Skillets - Welcome to the Guild | Facebook

"Smite the Like"!

On the other hand, these ads will not make me buy Velveeta Cheesy Skillets. It seems weird to me that they call the cheese sauce "liquid gold" because that make it sound inedible. (Which it very well may be )

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got one on my pantry shelf, but I'm also a cheese-a-holic! Have no idea when I'll make it. It's been several weeks, now. I don't think I've even noticed the commercials.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread