+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

Yes, I have seen the extended one - but only a few times on TV. I'm always disappointed when it turns out to be the shortened one. It's the same with the "I'm a sexy jogger and you're checking out my cool headband" one. They usually only show the shortened version.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The commercial that I get a kick out of is the Progresso commercial where the woman has called the Progresso kitchen from a can phone in her kitchen, telling the people how great and slimming their soups are; she tells them that her hubby is weighing what he weighed 20 years ago, and that the neighbors are talking. Turns out he's also wearing the clothes that he wore 20 years ago! Hubby calls the Progresso kitchen from another part of the house, where he's posed, seductively (or so he thinks!) against a wall in a small, gold t-shirt, little green gym shorts, striped tube socks, and gold tennis shoes that match his little t-shirt! He tells the Progresso woman, in his sexy voice, to tell his wife to relax and enjoy the view!

Love It, Love It, Love It!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I LOVE the Allstate Mayhem commercials, especially the new one when he is the world's best Douglas Fir and they push him through the Christmas tree net machine.

I'm also rewinding and rewatching the Geico "does a woodchuck chuck wood" commercial that shows the woodchucks throwing wood into a lake and you hear the guy yelling "hey you woodchucks, stop chucking my wood!" and they laugh maniacally. I think it really speaks to young me who had no idea what the rhyme about the woodchucks chucking wood meant
    Wag more, bark less

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Where we live (Philadelphia area) we have a small chain grocery store called Genuardi's. Their current Christmas commercials are really funny. They have several that seem to run in the very early a.m. when people are watching the local news and getting ready for work. They depict personified Christmas tree ornaments, the star of which is a unicorn:

Hostess gift:

The hostess receives a small female angel ornament from an arriving guest (we don't see their faces, just their hands). The hostess hangs it on the tree beside the unicorn.

Angel ornament to unicorn: You know what I really want for Christmas?
    Unicorn: Uh, no.
    Angel ornament: True Love!!
    Unicorn: Uh, true love is a myth.
    Angel ornament: You're a myth.

Maybe I'm just easily amused.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;4117989;
    I LOVE the Allstate Mayhem commercials, especially the new one when he is the world's best Douglas Fir and they push him through the Christmas tree net machine.

I'm also rewinding and rewatching the Geico "does a woodchuck chuck wood" commercial that shows the woodchucks throwing wood into a lake and you hear the guy yelling "hey you woodchucks, stop chucking my wood!" and they laugh maniacally. I think it really speaks to young me who had no idea what the rhyme about the woodchucks chucking wood meant
    I love the Woodchuck commercial! We every time we hear it!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4126865;
    Where we live (Philadelphia area) we have a small chain grocery store called Genuardi's. Their current Christmas commercials are really funny. They have several that seem to run in the very early a.m. when people are watching the local news and getting ready for work. They depict personified Christmas tree ornaments, the star of which is a unicorn:

Hostess gift:

The hostess receives a small female angel ornament from an arriving guest (we don't see their faces, just their hands). The hostess hangs it on the tree beside the unicorn.

Nope. It's really funny!

Where we live (Philadelphia area) we have a small chain grocery store called Genuardi's.
    They are owned by Safeway. I tried to find the commercial online to post a link but couldn't find it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like that ornament commercial dialog!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Any E-Trade commercial!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Hostess gift:

We have this in DC for Safeway but the ornament received is a bear dressed up as a Christmas tree...and we do see the hostess, though I've never paid attention to her.

+ Reply to Thread