+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Commercials I love

I, too, love Maxwell the pig's GEICO commercial. Wheeeeeee!!! Wheeeeeee!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I go way way way out of my way to avoid commercials.

But PBS has some very cool ones.

My fave is the goldfish in a fishbowl, he sees salmon jumping upstream on the TV. He jumps out into a glass of water and then jumps out a window, lands on an umbrella and flops a bit from rain puddle to rain puddle. A water truck arrives. He flops into a 5-gallon water bottle that has a few inches of water in it; meanwhile we see a restaurant window that shows live seafood being caught; the bottle is loaded onto the truck which drives onto a bridge and he leaps out and jumps upstream with the salmon.

Whomever came up with that deserves the award (don't remember the name of it) for Best.Commercial.Ever.

Absolutely my fave commercial EVER. And the message is not lost on me.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that the Clio award is given for commercials?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4076754;
    I think that the Clio award is given for commercials?
    That's it! But I haven't heard of those awards being televised in years.

Here's another PBS commercial that I love:

A man at a piano, frustrated composer/musician. He falls asleep on the keyboard, wakes up to birds chirping. Out the window, the birds are positioned on telephone/electrical lines...making a musical score. And he is inspired and begins playing the piano passionately.

Did I mention that I PBS?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Oh Cool...I love Maxwell too!
    The Travellers Insurance... Mean looking rattlesnake rattling his tail at a bunny... The bunny, first looks frightened and then starts laughing and so do the other bunnies... shows the rattlesnake and moves to his tail and tied to the tail is a baby rattle.

ITG, I came to this thread to post about that ad...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Ok... this is actually a love/hate commercial. It's on constantly (strike 1). A girl dressed as a Spanish dancer trick-or-treating with her younger brother dressed as a skeleton. The woman at the door says, "Weren't you just here?" The sister says, "No" (strike 2 - she's lying). The little boy says, "Yes" (this is the LOVE part - he's so innocent and honest and cute). Sister glares at him and he gives a shiver and says, "No". (strike 3 - bullying). The lady laughs and gives them more high-end candy (strike 4 - rewarding the sister's bullying). That little boy is so danged CUTE, though.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4076709;
    I, too, love Maxwell the pig's GEICO commercial. Wheeeeeee!!! Wheeeeeee!!!
    Yes, I love that one. Geico has some very clever commercials. I also like the "Bird in hand worth two in bush" appraisal.

All the "Mayhem is coming" commercials for AllState Insurance with Dean Winters make me laugh, but especially the antenna on the roof one.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;4096588;
    All the "Mayhem is coming" commercials for AllState Insurance with Dean Winters make me laugh, but especially the antenna on the roof one.
    I like the "I'm a teenage girl" one. The part where he just chucks the phone in the backseat and careens his pink SUV into that car cracks me up!

+ Reply to Thread