+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Commercials I love

Quote Originally Posted by rgw718;3601586;
    When my baby hears the Toyota Prius commercial, he stops everything and starts dancing! He likes all of the colors and little people, too.
    It is a sweet, peaceful, and calming commercial....for a change. For some reason, this adult always has to manage to try to see it when I hear it. I love the way it's done!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3592540;
    Okay this isn't as much a commercial as a general advert...but here in Seattle, we got a streetcar in late 2007 that goes from South Lake Union to downtown, and the original name for the streetcar? The South Lake Union Trolley, or S.L.U.T. for short. They figured out their error and officially named it the Seattle Streetcar, but a coffeeshop here in Seattle created their "Ride the S.L.U.T." shirts that have gotten people to, well, ride the streetcar.
    I'm guessing this counts as a commercial - for my state:

I live in Salt Lake City. Well, just outside of SL, but anyway...it's common knowledge that Utah is quite conservative. Ultra. Over the top. So when a t-shirt started showing up with SL,UT on the front - it was the buzz. I mean it was a story in the newspaper, etc. Naturally, I thought it was hilarious and put in my order. I use it for my location here on the fort (some forters have said I'd better take a second look at it, just in case I didn't realize where I was saying I'm from). I also ordered one for my daughter - she lives in Ft. Lauderdale, so it won't be quite as funny there - but we both wore them last weekend in Detroit and everyone got a great laugh about it. Of course we had to explain it to some, and others wanted to take their pictures with us.

It was fun - and harmless, imo. Sorry Utah - I do love ya!

I have to admit that I noticed your location on your ID and wondered about it, but I'm a live and let live kind of person mostly so... Now to hear the explanation, really made me laugh.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3603213;
    It is a sweet, peaceful, and calming commercial....for a change. For some reason, this adult always has to manage to try to see it when I hear it. I love the way it's done!
    I also have to stop what I am doing and watch that commercial. I particularly notice the "waterfall" in the background and wonder just how do they do that?

Do off-the-air commercials count? Because I loved that Folgers jingle by Rockapella.

That is a really old commercial, but I seriously love me some Rockapella!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

There is one old commercial of Budweiser with 3 frogs saying in funny way "Bud-Wei-Ser" - still smiling while writing this

As long as we're strolling down memory lane - we used to play a game called cigarette tag. To be safe you had to crouch down and yell the tag line from a tv cigarette ad. And there were a lot to choose from! I bet you young-uns don't remember tv cigarette commercials
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3639629;
    As long as we're strolling down memory lane - we used to play a game called cigarette tag. To be safe you had to crouch down and yell the tag line from a tv cigarette ad. And there were a lot to choose from! I bet you young-uns don't remember tv cigarette commercials
    Wha??? There was a time they could advertise cigarettes on TV!?

Ok, I'm not completely surprised, but I have definitely never seen a TV ad for cigarettes (at least not that I can remember) - only PSAs against them!

I find myself always singing along with the Dell commercial that has the "Lollipop" music as it's base and, if I'm not singing, I always manage to get that "Pop!" sound in, right on time (with or without my finger in my cheek to help out!)!

I wish I had a little kid in the house to teach how to do that pop! It's just one of those fun things that you learn along the way.

+ Reply to Thread