+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Commercials I love

I love the Toyota Prius commercial with the background music of Let Your Love Flow by a group called the Bellamy Brothers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The Cottonelle Toilet Tissue commercial where the dog is getting pampered. My absolute favorite.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3592540;
    Okay this isn't as much a commercial as a general advert...but here in Seattle, we got a streetcar in late 2007 that goes from South Lake Union to downtown, and the original name for the streetcar? The South Lake Union Trolley, or S.L.U.T. for short. They figured out their error and officially named it the Seattle Streetcar, but a coffeeshop here in Seattle created their "Ride the S.L.U.T." shirts that have gotten people to, well, ride the streetcar.
    I'd wear it!
    (and ride the streetcar)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3593683;
    I'd wear it!
    (and ride the streetcar)
    I've taken a ride on the, ahem, streetcar, and it's nothing special. The joke is that "it goes from nowhere to nowhere, and that it was a gift from the city of Seattle to Paul Allen". However, the shirt is very popular. Here's the link to the site: Ride The S.L.U.T. The coffeehouse itself had to close down late last year-their lease was up. However there is a bookstore (in walking distance from the streetcar) that sells all the merch.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3592540;
    Okay this isn't as much a commercial as a general advert...but here in Seattle, we got a streetcar in late 2007 that goes from South Lake Union to downtown, and the original name for the streetcar? The South Lake Union Trolley, or S.L.U.T. for short. They figured out their error and officially named it the Seattle Streetcar, but a coffeeshop here in Seattle created their "Ride the S.L.U.T." shirts that have gotten people to, well, ride the streetcar.

Reminds me of a service we have locally. People in white pick-up trucks patrol the highways looking for drivers who've run out of gas or had their car breakdown in some way (overheated, flat tire, etc....)

They are the Freeway Incident Response Team

I suppose that was better than the Freeway Accident Response Team!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We've got Rescue Rangers here. Wasn't that the name of a squirrel cartoon?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

We're getting an advertisement for a automotive school that advertises as UTI. I told my husband that it was a cinch it was all men that thought up the name and advertising and he wanted to know why and I said: "women know that UTI is a Urinary Tract Infection".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3598859;
    We're getting an advertisement for a automotive school that advertises as UTI. . .
    Does it specialize in the undercarriage?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

When my baby hears the Toyota Prius commercial, he stops everything and starts dancing! He likes all of the colors and little people, too.

I just saw one this morning that made me giggle. Dunkin Donuts - farm setting, farmer, farm hand, and a little girl (I think) leaning over a fence feeding coins to a pen full of piggy banks.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread