+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

You can count me in for the popcorn commercial with the tea party. I love that the big guys "dress up" for the little girl so they can eat the popcorn!!!

The Sprint Now commercial is really cool. I can't remember how it goes exactly but it's something like, "20million people are in a boardroom right now, 10 million of them are texting, most popular subject, diapers." "290,000 people use twitter. 29% of you don't know what that means."
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

It's that time of year again. I just saw the Staples back to school commercial. "It's the most wonderful time of the year".

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3576389;
    It's that time of year again. I just saw the Staples back to school commercial. "It's the most wonderful time of the year".
    Sheesh! We've only been out for two weeks!!! But the stores are stocking back to school stuff. At least the Walmart (Kmart?) one emphasizes the mom putting things on layaway while her family enjoys the pool, because she's going to pay a little each week ("That's why we love her.").
    Count your blessings!

I am such a dork, but I really love the Travelers commercial w/ the dog that is moving his bone into various spots for safekeeping...buried it, rode downtown to a bank to put it in a safe deposit box, retrieved it to bring it home to be protected by Travelers (homeowners' insurance) I assume.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3577619;
    Sheesh! We've only been out for two weeks!!! But the stores are stocking back to school stuff. At least the Walmart (Kmart?) one emphasizes the mom putting things on layaway while her family enjoys the pool, because she's going to pay a little each week ("That's why we love her.").
    My daughter got out at the beginning of June and is in year round school so she starts back on the 27th of this month. The timing is right at my house anyway.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3576389;
    I haven't seen that commercial for about 2 years now, but I saw it last night. I squealed. I love that commercial.
    Wake up and be awesome

I haven't seen that yet, but it's definitely a classic. The Fred Meyer actually starts stocking back-to-school right after 4th of July so it's been a couple weeks now that we've seen backpacks and everything.

The two that I love and hate: first, the Slap Chop. I only love it because it's so corny...as in, "you're gonna love my nuts" and "stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life". Second, the Jack in the Box commercial with the old couple wearing their Snuggies.

Of course, I love anything by Billy Mays.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I've been seeing this commercial during the Tour De France on the Versus channel. Haven't seen it anywhere else, but that doesn't mean it's not out there.

It's a commercial for Castrol Oil . . . at least that's what I think it's for. I get so caught up in watching what's happening, that I don't really care what they are advertising!!!

Two guys in a car, driving down the street and coins start flying out of the ac/heat vents.

Guy in passengers seat says "They sting a little more than usual"

Just as he say the word "usual" a coin goes right in his mouth. He spits it out and you can see he's just about to crack up.

I giggle every time I see it.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Okay this isn't as much a commercial as a general advert...but here in Seattle, we got a streetcar in late 2007 that goes from South Lake Union to downtown, and the original name for the streetcar? The South Lake Union Trolley, or S.L.U.T. for short. They figured out their error and officially named it the Seattle Streetcar, but a coffeeshop here in Seattle created their "Ride the S.L.U.T." shirts that have gotten people to, well, ride the streetcar.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

+ Reply to Thread