+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3346502;
    I saw one this morning when I was on the treadmill of a woman texting at a baby shower and when a little pink dress is passed around, she wipes her mouth on it like a napkin. heh.
    That's an old Verizon/ESPN commercial, but I do like that her sister (NANCY!!!!) leaves her in the driveway, .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

For SOME reason I love the new (i think its McDonalds) commercial with one of those fish mounted on the wall and he sings a song to a guy sitting in front of him eating a fillet of fish sandwich 'gimme back that fillet of fish, gimme that fish. what if it were you hanging up on this wall? if it were you in that sandwich you wouldnt be laughing at all'. and its set to music that sounds like an 80s synthesizer. I have NO idea why i think its so funny but i sing it in my head all day.
    ignorance is excellence

While I think that the idea of Dr Pepper being a dessert is completely asinine, I totally love the commercial where the 4 pack bottles leave the beverage isle for the dessert isle and they're playing the Cheers song and having a huge party. The animation is so cute and that song always makes me smile
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3356070;
    For SOME reason I love the new (i think its McDonalds) commercial with one of those fish mounted on the wall and he sings a song to a guy sitting in front of him eating a fillet of fish sandwich 'gimme back that fillet of fish, gimme that fish. what if it were you hanging up on this wall? if it were you in that sandwich you wouldnt be laughing at all'. and its set to music that sounds like an 80s synthesizer. I have NO idea why i think its so funny but i sing it in my head all day.
    that one cracks me up right now too ...

I love the Charmin Bear commercials. And the Northern ones with the puppy dog. There is also a Johnson and Johnson one where it says something to the line of "You never knew that the love of your life would be short, bald, and wrinkly until you had a baby." It had a montage of moms with newborns along with it. I cried like a baby during that one. Of course, that commercial came out right after I had my daughter, so I was in the weepy hormonal stage.

Oh and the other commercial that I liked was the Budweiser one where the soldiers are walking through the airport terminal and everyone stands up and claps for them. Since my hubby is in the military, I just love companies who show respect and honor the Armed Forces.

There's one for, I think, an insurance company where a dad picks up his baby and is talking about how he's changed since becoming a father. Absolutely love the tender way he cradles the baby on his arm.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

E-Trade.

"I just bought stock! You just saw me buy stock!"

"Read the rules, shankopotamus!"

Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3356070;
    I love this one, too. For me it's all about the expression on the guy's face as he eats the sandwich and listens to the song. I didn't get that it was "filet of fish" at first (maybe not 'til I read your post). I thought it was some breed of fish - you know, the Fileyo fish. Then my logical brain kicks in and I wonder what the mounted fish would do with the fish sandwich. It's already dead and cooked.
    Count your blessings!

My hubby and I are currently getting a huge kick out of the T-Mobile commerical with the older couple where the wife is telling her husband about their new plan and he's not too happy about it but then she tells him how much money they're saving and he says "I love you. and this time I mean it" Cracks us up every time.

Also the Nationwide (I think) one where the young man hits the parked car with the elderly couple inside and he asks for forgiveness and the old lady gets out and starts whacking him with her purse. " I got your forgiveness right here!" *whack* and the husband says "hit him in the head Rose" Oh man I love that one.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Someone has probably already mentioned it, but I like the Airtran ones with the orange people in the tanning salon. I'm no fan of the leather tan look anyway, so this ad is good for a teehee.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread