+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

I've seen one it took me a couple of viewings for the penny to drop - a kid arguing with you in what appears to be a very old home movie about him getting Hot Wheels for Christmas. I finally got that he's arguing with his grownup self who is about to replace this memory as the best Christmas gift ever because his grownup self is getting a car for Christmas.
    Count your blessings!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'll have to watch for it ... but i can relate cuz i LOVED my hot wheels when i was a kid

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3240267;
    Over the weekend I saw the commercial for Guitar Hero: World Tour with Kobe Bryant, Tony Hawk, Michael Phelps, and some other guy dancing around "Risky Business" style. It caught me off-guard and actually made me laugh out loud -- those guys were really into it!!
    The other guy is Alex Rodriguez.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3242443;
    I've seen one it took me a couple of viewings for the penny to drop - a kid arguing with you in what appears to be a very old home movie about him getting Hot Wheels for Christmas. I finally got that he's arguing with his grownup self who is about to replace this memory as the best Christmas gift ever because his grownup self is getting a car for Christmas.
    I haven'tseen the Hot Wheels one but I did see the ones for the kid getting his Big Wheel and the Atari (or maybe it was Coleco, I wasn't sure )
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I love the commercial where people in an office are gathering around a guy singing deck the halls with boughs of holly, and he finally joins in when they reach the fa-la-la-la's in a cute falsetto, and the people walk away to sing to someone else. It just amuses me. I don't know what the ad if for, though

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3243488;
    I haven'tseen the Hot Wheels one but I did see the ones for the kid getting his Big Wheel and the Atari (or maybe it was Coleco, I wasn't sure )
    You're right... hot wheels, big wheels - I'm not a guy.
    Count your blessings!

I love the woman where the woman is in an elevator with Mary J. Blige. She's thinking in her head she's Mary's biggest fan, her music changed her life, she even knows her birthday, etc. And then when she finally opens her mouth to speak all that comes out is a little squeak. It cracks me up every time.

The new AT&T commercial where the news anchor is standing with his crew on a building getting ready to talk about the blast zone which is supposed to be across town. He is talking to us as though he's doing the news and stating he has no bars here so no one could tell him the blast zone had changed to the area he's standing in. His last comment is little does he know he's going to be the news story!
    Yup, with donuts!!

My kids have been hysterical over the new World of Warcraft commercial with Ozzy Osbourne. They are big WoW fans, but I have to agree with them that the commercial is pretty funny. It seems he is on a roll since he also has that funny texting cell phone commercial out.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3247948;
    My kids have been hysterical over the new World of Warcraft commercial with Ozzy Osbourne. They are big WoW fans, but I have to agree with them that the commercial is pretty funny. It seems he is on a roll since he also has that funny texting cell phone commercial out.
    Everytime we see that commercial or the texting commercial, my husband says he cannot believe anyone can understand Ozzy. I understand him perfectly but I too mumble when I'm talking and my son tends to do the same thing. We have mumble conversations and my husband just stares at us like we're crazy!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread