+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

There's a new Jeep commercial where people are doing rugged things with their Jeep vehicles while they lip synch to opera. I get the giggles because I love opera for the intense emotion it conveys and that's exactly why they're using it.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3228856;
    I love the new Guitar Hero commercial with Kobe Bryant, Tony Hawk, Michael Phelps and ARod doing the Risky Business routine!
    The funniest thing about this commercial to me is that Tony Hawk is wearing a skate helmet and he rolls into view on his board with the drums strapped to him. He's the only one dressed in his "tools of the trade" and it just makes me laugh.

The rollover minutes ones slay me - I love when the mom mixes up all the minutes and dares her son to tell the difference. As stepmom to a teen boy, I can SO relate!
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i can't remember if i've ever mentioned it, but i LOOOOOVE the capital one commercial with the armadillo superhero guy and he is designing his credit card, complete with a photo of his family, and then his wife startles him and he quickly rolls up into a protective ball. it cracks me up everytime i see it.

I don't know if it's just local, but there's a rally cute one that you have to see to love--it's for some flooring company, and there's a little boy on it about 4 or five years old, and they keep asking questions about the new floor, and he answers each "Boo-de-ful" in that little kid voice. You really have to see his face and hear him to get it, but it makes me smile every time. And I don't even like kids that much.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The Fed Ex commercial where a guy is talking to his coworkers, and says that his dad and granddad went bald, but that he still had a full head of hair. The commercial cuts to the guy who is talking, and he's standing there with a really bad, lopsided toupee on. The coworkers are just staring at him slackjawed....and he walks off!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

The Samsung Propel phone commercial with Ozzy Osbourne cracks me up everytime I see it! He's out and about going for coffee, getting in a cab, talking to his therapist and no one can understand what he says so he has to text to them what he's saying.......... Love it!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I haven't seen that one but it sounds hysterical....so very Ozzy.
    CYA

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i hadn't seen it either, but i managed to find it easily ... do a search for "ozzy samsung"
    i agree with bbnbama, it's hilarious!

MRD

I love the one where the guy doesn't get the phone message to defrost the turkey before frying it and the house is on fire and there is a crater in the yard and there are small fires everywhere and he's all blackened and says: "I think part of my beard is missing".

As my husband and a friend set fire to friends garage one time by putting frozen chicken wings in the fryer, I have to laugh at this commercial (they were able to extinguish garage fire quickly, but then came in the house looking for paper towels and other stuff to "soak up grease" which got us wives suspicious and we went out and saw the blackened garage door.)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

There is a commercial I have loved for years, and every year about this time I start looking for it again hoping it comes back. It is the Christmas Hershey's Kisses commercial where the kisses are lined up like a tree ringing the carol as if they were bells. I love the simplicity, but my absolute favorite part about it is the kiss that has a big solo that gives a sigh of relief and 'wipes the sweat off its forehead' with its banner.

I squeal like ...well, a kid at Christmas! every year it comes back and was thrilled to see it a few nights ago.
    Wag more, bark less

+ Reply to Thread