+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

The AT&T rollover minutes commercials with the family and the Mom is always so upset that nobody wants the rollover minutes they want the new minutes, hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3198139;
    meijer is a superstore that's mainly in the midwest, so most of you might not have ever seen their commercials, but i LOVE them. one that they play right before school starts shows a boy sitting on the beach with the water coming up to him ... and up washes a ruler. he pickes it up and looks at it. then a pad of paper washes up and he picks it up. the next screen says simply "school's coming". then you see a mean looking school marm sitting in the water as if she washed up too. the next screen says "sorry".

that one cracks me up everytime i see it!
    Oh yeah and what about the one with the early bird sale or whatever with shoppers running through the store and they stop by the table full of cups of water, one little old lady throws one on her own face, funny!

I have been enjoying the new VW commercials where Brooke Shields is talking about how women are getting pregnant so that they can buy the new VW. Her lines are set up like it is a PSA and she is urging people not to get pregnant just to buy the car while the people behind her are protesting what she is saying.

The VW site seems to have put them together into a "mini-documentary"
    Volkswagen Routan Home

My last post got me thinking about another commercial I haven't seen in a while. It isn't a funny one, but I love it because it is a PSA that I think has a very powerful and important message.

It is a teenage girl that sticks up a coquettish photo of herself on the bulletin board at school and walks away. Time passes and people walk by pulling the photo off, but every time it reappears on the board. Eventually the girl realizes that everyone seems to have a copy of her photo and it bothers her so she goes back to the bulletin board and rips it down, but it reappears again and again as she frantically tries to remove it. The voice over points out that once you post your picture online, you can't take it back and urges kids to think before posting photos online. It ends with a creepy adult man pulling her photo off the board, which actually makes me shudder. It is such an important thing for kids to keep in mind, not only for safety reasons but also because we are now in a time where their online activities could come back and bite them as they try to enter the workforce. You can see the PSA here:
    http://www2.state.id.us/AG/protectee...Board%2060.wmv

Karna68 I saw a new rollover minutes commercial tonight. The sons were fighting over the "new" minutes. When mom interfers one son tells her the other one won't share the new minutes with him. She takes all the minutes and mixes them up and then picks one up and asks him if its a rollover or a new one and he can't tell the difference. Mom gets such a smug look on her face. I agree the rollover commercials are so funny.

ClosetRTWatcher I agree I always liked that PSA. I might be confuseing two different PSA's but I know I saw one where her dad also gets a copy of it. He might be one of the people who takes it off the wall before the creepy guy does. Man, if nothing else would keep me from posting bad pictures of myself, knowing my dad could see it would be enough to stop me.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I wish they would amp up those PSAs. My little sister was on a kids' chat room and went to a private chat place with someone. The other person gave her their phone number and she called them and didn't tell her mom. I had to have a "talk" with her about it and her defense was that only kids go to that chat room, she didn't give out her phone number, etc. I pointed out that that's exactly what predators do... pretend to be kids - the computer can't tell who's on the other end typing lies, and that caller ID and reverse phone books mean that person now has her phone number and address. I had to tell her mom about it and now the kid is mad at me, but YIKES! How do they not know this by now?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3224417;
    I wish they would amp up those PSAs. My little sister was on a kids' chat room and went to a private chat place with someone. The other person gave her their phone number and she called them and didn't tell her mom. I had to have a "talk" with her about it and her defense was that only kids go to that chat room, she didn't give out her phone number, etc. I pointed out that that's exactly what predators do... pretend to be kids - the computer can't tell who's on the other end typing lies, and that caller ID and reverse phone books mean that person now has her phone number and address. I had to tell her mom about it and now the kid is mad at me, but YIKES! How do they not know this by now?
    Kids think they are invincible. That's scary Gut. But at least you warned her and her mom. She'll get over being mad. Don't the police do presentations at the school she attends? My daughter's middle school had a police officer assigned to it that did DARE and other stuff like showing the kids how predators can get to them in chat rooms and in real life.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3224417;
    I wish they would amp up those PSAs. My little sister was on a kids' chat room and went to a private chat place with someone. The other person gave her their phone number and she called them and didn't tell her mom. ... I had to tell her mom about it and now the kid is mad at me, but YIKES! How do they not know this by now?
    That is scary - I agree, her mom needed to know about that!! I my location kids get DARE education in middle school, but I think many kids are getting online earlier than that. I have a second grader that is already pretty Internet-savvy. We have strict rules about what sites he is allowed to go to (only those in his bookmark list). However, my boys have never been interested in chat sites - the Internet may open a whole new set of issues when my daughter gets old enough...

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love the new Guitar Hero commercial with Kobe Bryant, Tony Hawk, Michael Phelps and ARod doing the Risky Business routine!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3222888;
    The AT&T rollover minutes commercials with the family and the Mom is always so upset that nobody wants the rollover minutes they want the new minutes, hilarious!
    Is that the one where they get milk over the minutes and complain that noone wants milky minutes and the mom says her sister would love to have milky minutes and then the husband makes a crack about her sister being lactose-intolerant? That's a cute one.

I like the Discovery Channel commercial where they are singing about loving the whole world. Lyrics are:

I love the mountains
    I love the clear blue skies
    I love big bridges
    I love when great whites fly
    I love the whole world
    And all its sights and sounds
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    I love the oceans
    I love real dirty things
    I love to go fast
    I love Egyptian kings
    I love the whole world
    And all its craziness
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    I love tornadoes
    I love arachnids
    I love hot magma!
    I love the giant squids
    I love the whole world
    It's such a brilliant place
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    boom-de-yadda
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread