+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Commercials I love

Re: Commercials I love

For the first time in years, I actually do love a commercial enough to stop fast forwarding the VCR when I encounter it in the blur between shows - the Discovery Channel's "I Love the Whole World". If you haven't seen it and the link doesn't work, it is really easy to google because apparently it is loved by many, many people.

DiscoveryChannel.ca - I love the whole world...it's such a crazy place...
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, that is a song that I never thought I would hear again. One of the nuns in my high school used to make us sing that stupid "Boom-de-ah-dah" song at the beginning of our class....everyday. The difference was that we had to sing, "I love the flowers, I love the daffodils, etc." The nun was a true ditz, too, by the way. What a memory!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3219872;
    For the first time in years, I actually do love a commercial enough to stop fast forwarding the VCR when I encounter it in the blur between shows - the Discovery Channel's "I Love the Whole World". If you haven't seen it and the link doesn't work, it is really easy to google because apparently it is loved by many, many people.

DiscoveryChannel.ca - I love the whole world...it's such a crazy place...
    Oh I've never seen that commercial Rattus....I loved it! Thanks for sharing!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I love the 'Don't Be A Patsy' commercials that Drug Free America have been playing. They make me laugh and they get their point across. Much more effective than the usual, 'talk to your kids about drugs' ads.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I love the back to school "priceless" commercial. The song "We want the funk" is playing and a little boy is danceing to it and the announcer says "Backpack $20", then another little boy walks up to the first and starts dancing and then another little boy. All three are just so cute doing their funky little dance. The announcer says, "Being back with people who understand you, priceless." The three start dancing their way to school. It is soooo cute. And so accurate in the way little boys that age act with each other. Most of the time words aren't needed to communicate.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i just saw that one last night for the first time ... and loved it too

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3220117;
    I love the back to school "priceless" commercial. The song "We want the funk" is playing and a little boy is danceing to it and the announcer says "Backpack $20", then another little boy walks up to the first and starts dancing and then another little boy. All three are just so cute doing their funky little dance. The announcer says, "Being back with people who understand you, priceless." The three start dancing their way to school. It is soooo cute. And so accurate in the way little boys that age act with each other. Most of the time words aren't needed to communicate.
    I just love that commercial. The little boys dancing is really cute.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Ahhhh - a girl scout camp memory... "I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills, I love the flowers, I love the daffodils, I love the fireside when all the lights are low. Boom de ah dah, boom de ah dah, boom de ah dah, boom, boom" (It's a round)
    Count your blessings!

i like the one where we see that Hell has frozen over and the Devil is upset. His coffee is frozen and he has this fireplace poker in his hand as he says, 'there goes poker night'.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;3220117;
    OMG...that commercial cracks me up every time...those little fellas are so funny...bogeying down the hallway
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread