+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Things I want to do, visit, see, before I die...

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    And how'd you get there, hmmm? *lifts eyebrow* I smell an interesting back story there, nausicaa...
    The things I could tell...

Nah. I'm Canadian too, AJane, that's why. But one of my American friends wanted to go with us and we found out he was banned from doing so. However, that was back in 2001. I'm sure now that most of the sanctions imposed against Libya by the U.S. have been lifted, travel would be easier. [/threadjack]

Ditto those who've expressed their desire to get married, or to write the Great [insert nationality here]Novel.

California - L.A./Hollywood
    Drive cross country in a semi
    Ride a train through the Rockies
    See Mt. Rushmore
    Take an Alaskan cruise
    Go back to Washington D.C. with enough time to sight see and appreciate it
    And the #1 thing I want to do is get all my family (brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews) together again one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Why should it be? Because of Qadhafi? Because it's Islamic? Libya is quite beautiful, actually - and very European in some parts. Especially Tripoli - the title "Jewel of the Mediterranean" is quite apt. Not to mention endless sand deserts (though they're not my thing), and stunning Greco-Roman ruins along the coastside.

I'm not sure if it's still illegal for U.S. citizens to obtain a visa to Libya. But you're Canadian, aren't you AJane?
    My brother in law works in Libya, they hire Brits, Canadians, but not Americans. He's paid in American dollars, works a month, fly's back, gets a month off, so really only works 6 months of the year, and makes a lot of $$$$.Naus, where are you in Canada??

Unk I was 180 miles from Mt. Rushmore last summer and my husband just HAD to get home. I will never let him forget it either. The Rockies train ride sounds good and I also would like to spend more time in Washingon. We were there for a week two different times, but that's not enough to see everything.
    I really want to see the Statue of Liberty and also ride the ferry. I'd like to tour Alcatraz. I'd also like to go to San Francisco and walk that crooked street. And I want to travel the old Route 66 from one end to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    My brother in law works in Libya, they hire Brits, Canadians, but not Americans. He's paid in American dollars, works a month, fly's back, gets a month off, so really only works 6 months of the year, and makes a lot of $$$$.Naus, where are you in Canada??
    I'm currently in purgatory (so to speak... it's really my parent's house in the States. :phhht) But I'm a transposed Torontonian.

Goody for your bro-in-law. If I could have such a job! Might as well put that down as another item in the "thing I want to do before I die" column. *sigh*

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    I have many places in mind to see, but I would especially like to go to New Zealand or Switzerland. I love beautiful landscapes, and they always seem so beautiful on TV.
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112