+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: LASIK eye surgery

Re: LASIK eye surgery

Yay, Duxxy! Great to hear.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Congrats Duxxy...glad to hear your surgery went well!!! No more for you...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm glad your surgery went well Duxxy! I'd like to have a follow up in a couple of weeks to know how your eyes are doing once you've recovered.

Everything is fab at my one day checkup. Left eye is 20/20 right is 25/20!

I'm just keeping you updated as kind of a journal so anyone considering LASIK knows what to expect. You never know it may help someone make their decision

The toughest problem I'm facing today is how to get the residue from the super sticky medical tape off of my face! I've tried azulene oil, tea tree oil, nail polish remover and I still have some stickyness. My mom suggested peanutbutter but I think I've done all I'm willing to do to my face for today. It can stay a little sticky.

Dr. suggested not to shower today or tomorrow (I don't think so!) I must have giving him a dubious look because he kind of laughed and said - ok don't let any direct stream hit your eyelids for the next 2 weeks. No moisturizer around the eye area and be super careful.

I'm happy as pie!

Duxxy, I'm so happy for you! I know you were apprehensive, so I'm sure there's a great sense of relief, and yay for you being able to see so well already!

I'm really pleased .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Far-sighted people...don't think that there is nothing out there for you!! There is!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2450157;
    I was the person who was slightly far-sighted in one eye and a lot more far-sighted in the other eye for my whole life. Miserable condition. At one point, a doc had me wearing near-sighted lenses.....they did not all graduate at the top of their classes. Finally went to contact lenses, and thought they were wonderful....my eyes were happy! Years down the road, my contacts even betrayed me, and that was the end of that! Found the eye surgery docs, and he told me that I was a candidate for Prelex surgery, not LASIK. Prelex is a surgery where they take out your natural lenses, and replace them with artificial lenses...something that is usually done for cataract patients. I've been on easy street ever since, and I will never get cataracts! 2 Easy outpatient surgeries over 2 weeks. They give you Versed, which is one of the best things on the market, IMO. I've never seen so well in my entire life! Insurance did not cover, but it is one the the best, and most worth it things I've ever done for myself in my entire life! And I Can See!!!
    P-- I had something like this for my cataracts (I just bumped that thread to the front page)--agree it's great.
    Duxxy--glad it went so well!

thank you all! Shay, I'm glad that you are so happy with your surgery. PWS I didn't think you were old enough for cataracts.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2464367;
    thank you all! Shay, I'm glad that you are so happy with your surgery. PWS I didn't think you were old enough for cataracts.
    One of those "runs in the family" things... Also exposed to a lot of very bright light with few sunglasses for a while in my childhood due to where we lived. Not that bad for every day in day time, but I started to get worried about the headlight blur even driving in my own neighborhood at night...blocks out everything around it.

well it's great that you can see now!

+ Reply to Thread