+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quiznos critters

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Brand awareness & recognition is only 1/2 the battle. You need to go eat & spend money there for the ads to really be a success, & these ads aren't exactly appetizing.

I'm not being argumentative, but I am going to disagree with that.

The original article said that brand awareness was the number one priority since they have a limited advertising budget. I see what you are saying but I think Quizno's accomplished what they set out to do, create a buzz. Quizno's has had other commericals other than the teat suckling and this one. No one remembers those. No one talked about them either. They basically showed the sub getting toasted and it talked about how good Quizno's sandwiches are. Those types of ads don't create a buzz IMO.

Every single other message board I post on has a Quizno's commerical thread on there. Usually the split is about 3/4 hate the commerical...1/4 loves it. People who don't even have a Quizno's in their area (yet?) know what Quizno's is now. That's sucessful advertising. If the commerical can acheive that, I think they've hit their mark.
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

those animals look like road kill to me, and thats not good. The singing is worse than fingernails down a blackboard sllloooowwwwwllllllyyyy.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I just think they (the commercials and the sponge monkeys) are weird.

I agree Ili. The singing makes me want to scream.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I wonder how the "spongmonkeys" would have fared on group 2 of American Idol?
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
    I wonder how the "spongmonkeys" would have fared on group 2 of American Idol?
    They would still need closed captioning. I went to Quizznos this week and fortunately, they weren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Madre
    I'm not being argumentative, but I am going to disagree with that.

The original article said that brand awareness was the number one priority since they have a limited advertising budget. I see what you are saying but I think Quizno's accomplished what they set out to do, create a buzz. Quizno's has had other commericals other than the teat suckling and this one. No one remembers those. No one talked about them either. They basically showed the sub getting toasted and it talked about how good Quizno's sandwiches are. Those types of ads don't create a buzz IMO.

Every single other message board I post on has a Quizno's commerical thread on there. Usually the split is about 3/4 hate the commerical...1/4 loves it. People who don't even have a Quizno's in their area (yet?) know what Quizno's is now. That's sucessful advertising. If the commerical can acheive that, I think they've hit their mark.
    I'm disagreeing again, b/c I don't see how spending money on an ad campaign that is basically repulsive to most viewers is going to make them any money. They don't make money on name recognition alone. People have to spend money there in order for them to make money.

I'm sick of this topic. We don't agree, that's that.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

When I watch them, I find myself wondering where they get the teeth. It looks like a human mouth. Who has teeth like that?!? Does somebody kiss that mouth?!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    I must say that after watching them sing about the moon, I love them

Would I want them selling me subs, or being associated with a restaurant at all? No.

Have I heard lots of good things about Quizno's? Yes, I have

Will I eventually go to Quizno's because of the ads? No

Will I never go to Quizno's because of the ads? No

The point is, I will go to Quizno's sometime soon (maybe today... yeah... that's where I'm gonna have lunch) but not because of the spongmonkeys...

But I still think they're incredibly cute in an ugly-cabbage patch doll kinda way

I won't tell you how many times I listened to them sing about the moon, but let's just say I can't get the damn song out of my head

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    Ha. I guess I'll be the first (only?) one to say that I love these commercials. Love them! It might be because I had seen the rathergood site before these spots started airing, so I didn't have the "wtf??" factor working for me like most of you did. Also, I guess I just don't equate the spongemonkeys with the food itself. As far as chain subs go, Quiznos are pretty freaking good. I think that even if I found the commercials distasteful, it wouldn't bar me from continuing to eat there.

Plus, I've been singing "They got a pepper bar" for like 15 days straight now.

ETA: Oh yeah. WRT Subway's ads, I'd watch the singing spongemonkeys ten zillion times before watching one more Jared ad. I'm so sick of that guy that I want to poke my eyes out with assorted fireplace tools.

"They got a pepper bar!"
    I'm with you.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by octobergirl
    I haven't seen the commercials, but a co-worker showed me the other video clip of these creatures yesterday(from msn slate) and we were laughing soooo hard! I loved it. I must be weird though, because I didn't think they were disgusting, just really funny. Maybe if I'd seen them related to food, it would be more disturbing! "We like tha mooooooon!"

I was a little *disturbed* the first time I saw them - given their crooked smiles they have a little roadkill look to them, which may speak to the sick fascination that makes it so hard to look away - but I was never disgusted. I think they're weird and funny, the ads are clearly low-budget but original, and they are hard to ignore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast