+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quiznos critters

O.K. - I'll jump in here. I love the ads, too! I can't help but smile when I see them. Are the creatures gross . ..well, kinda . . .but they still make me laugh!

Dang . . . all this talk about Quiznos has me craving one for lunch now! Luckily there is one right down the street!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    those ugly mutated rodents are so disgusting. That commercial is so repulsive, but I have to say that the "we love you subs" jingle is kind of catchy. I just wished they hadn't used those ugly things.

The man sucking on a she-wolf was also a pretty disturbing ad.

I have never seen a Quizno's ad that made me want to eat there. Every ad I've ever seen for them has been either disturbing or at least in poor taste. They need to hire a new agency to do their ads.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    They need to hire a new agency to do their ads.

I dunno about that. If the intention was brand awareness and recognition, I'd say these ads are pretty successful. I personally hate them, but the song has been stuck in my head for weeks now.
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

FORT Fogey
    I detest these commercials, but I suppose if they were going for awareness about Quizznos, they sure got it. I've been singing that song (not willingly) for the past few days. "They got a pepper bar." Doesn't make me want to go eat there... Though they do make really good sandwiches, I didn't have an overwhelming urge to go to Quizznos after seeing these ads. The one the really gets on my nerves is the one about coupons. "We love you subs.They are a dollar off. When you bring in a coupon, for things to eat or oil changes or pony rides or hair plugs. Any coupon works. Beware of paper cuts!" Ugh!!!

At least I know what those things are now... I've been wondering about that for days.

My husband and I were talking about this today. Although I can't imagine why anyone would want to associate rodents/spongmonkeys with their food, I am drawn to this commercial every time it's on. I can't help myself. So, if their hope was to get people to notice and talk about Quiznos... Looks like they got the job done.

Holding down the FORT... Joe_Madre's Avatar
    hee hee this thread inspired me to go over and get a BLT at Quizno's today. It was good.....and they had a pepper bar. The first thing I asked when I got in was "Where's the pepper bar?" Then I tried to find anything with that little thing on it but they dont seem to have anything in the locations....
    "Life is like a game of cards. The hand you are dealt is determinism; the way you play it is free will."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Madre
    I dunno about that. If the intention was brand awareness and recognition, I'd say these ads are pretty successful. I personally hate them, but the song has been stuck in my head for weeks now.

Brand awareness & recognition is only 1/2 the battle. You need to go eat & spend money there for the ads to really be a success, & these ads aren't exactly appetizing.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Those ads are definitely disgusting. However, the marketing ploy is working. Some ads are memorable, but the product in the ad is not. The ads leave no question about which product they represent. Quiznos makes a really good sandwich, but crappy ads - and people are paying attention to Quiznos crappy ads. It's even in my sig: If it's marketed right, you'll buy it. Now excuse me, I'm headed to Quiznos.

I haven't seen the commercials, but a co-worker showed me the other video clip of these creatures yesterday(from msn slate) and we were laughing soooo hard! I loved it. I must be weird though, because I didn't think they were disgusting, just really funny. Maybe if I'd seen them related to food, it would be more disturbing!

"We like tha mooooooon!"
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    Brand awareness & recognition is only 1/2 the battle. You need to go eat & spend money there for the ads to really be a success, & these ads aren't exactly appetizing.

We must have posted at the same time. You are right. The marketing does create awareness and recognition. Maybe (I'm just speculating here) since it is generally known that Quiznos has a good product is why the awareness and recognition are working, maybe as a "reminder"? Because, as you said, these ads are not appetizing. Interesting concept. (from a person with a degree in marketing, as tho that makes a difference)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast