+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angel Kisses

agentcarver
    Awww... That's horrible, Kylie..

Looks like our Psych needs a Psych ;-)

Agent.

Ahh, I'll get over it. The 12/07 thread brought me back to reality.

It's an angel kiss to be alive today, working or not.

My angel kiss was just yesterday when my fifteen year old daughter had her first surgery (repair of torn ligament in knee) and MADE it through the procedure. Because she has a slight asthma they decided at the last minute against using general anesthesia and gave her something called "twilight sleep". After an hour of tears and anxiety, the parents survived, too!

FORT Fogey
    Ohh clara I have had several of those on one knee.. glad to hear she is out and doing fine.. thats even better than an angel kiss!

I heard from a friend I haven't heard from in long long,,like years.. today..

I went home today and we put up all the Christmas decorations after church. Nice family time, cause my brother Jeff and his wife came with my niece Sara. (She's 9 months old ) She's SO cute.

Firegirl, how long was it before you started feeling better after your surgeries? My daughter is having a reaction to the codeine medication and we can only give her advil for the pain now. Also, did your foot swell up around the ankle just below the bandages?

FORT Fogey
    It takes awhile,, I would rather have 10 babies then knee surgery again.. sounds like she has tournaquet syndrome too,, I had that.. yes , my toes looked like vienna sausages.. I didn't feel better for quite awhile,, was it orthoscopic? or complete repair,, my repairs took a couple weeks before I felt much better,, is she on one of those machines that makes her bend and straighten her knee? Codene will make you sick to your stomach,, you should call the physician he can prescribe vicodin or percoset,, she probably still needs something a lot stronger than advil!! Also mention to him the swelling,, is she keeping it elevated?? that will help some.. I found sleeping in a recliner was better than the bed,, my opposite hip got very sore ,, if you can in a few days call a massage thearapist to come to the house,, believe it or not you use your other muscles so differently to compensate for the bad knee , it all ends up hurting sooooo much and a massage helps a whole lot to relieve stress and some of the stiffness everywhere else. She should experience some swelling due to the trauma, fluids she was probably given etc,, and her physician may want her on a stronger ant-inflamitory med,, but you should call him asap to get her some good pain meds so she can sleep.. Sometimes is helps w/the codeine to take it w/food.. but it can really be a hard one to take.. but definately get her something.. She should feel a little more like getting up and around with out wanting to pass out in about a week,, if it was an orthoscopic surgery she should be good w/in a day..

Instead of cutting her, they poked a few holes into the side of her knee and did the surgery that way. I am not sure what that is called. She had torn a ligament and the doctor said they sewed it up on the inside. I have no clue what the technical terminology is. I will call the doctor tomorrow about the medications. I appreciate everything you've told me, it will make things alot easier. Thank you so much!

FORT Fogey
    Ok that is orthoscopic which is MUCH better,, MUCH.. she should be up and around really fast.. it is still very painful,, the swelling is probably not helping either... there should be someone on call from his clinic.. I would call now and tell them your concerned about the swelling in the ankle how much should there be etc.. and that she is not tolerating the pain meds given , but is in a lot of pain,, you will get an answering service then the physician on call should call you back and you can get her some pain meds tonight so she can at least get a good sleep.. hope it helps..

She may have more swelling because it was done orthoscopically,, the fill up your knee with a bunch of fluid then use the instruments thru the holes to manuever.. so they can see and have more room,,, the more she drinks the more it will flush out faster.. watermelon is a good diuretic also.. and ice ....

Clarabella,
    Ask the doc for VicaProfin. It is vicodin with Ibuprofin in it. It reduces the swelling and relieves the pain at the same time. It will be wonderful. A couple of years ago I had pain in my foot so bad that I could not walk on it for about a week without crying. I went to the doc and he put me on it and I was a new person in an hour. The doc said that the pain reliever alows the muscle to relax long enough to heal quicker and more completely. I know this is a different situation, but wow! I have used it many times since then and it hs helped in every case. Pulled back, twisted ankle, migraine. Asking the doc cannot hurt and could get some relief for your sweety.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast