+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you never know...

Wow Bill! Must be tough to find out like that.

Strange how you think you know a person, and in an instant it can all change.

Oh, and if you need any psychological advice, my fee is only $20 an hour, and you can send the check to.............

Glad you like it here as much as we like you. We're here for ya, babe.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX

I think once you make the decision to go bad, it just gets worse with each decision and lie.
    You're right Bill.It's sad what happpened , but it was no one's fault but his own. Like Shakespere's King Lear , your Uncle was responsible for his own downfall.
    I guess when you get on the wrong path, it's difficult to become good again.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I'm sorry you had to watch someone close to you do something like that. It sucks....
    Your "uncle" obviously didn't learn the thing you did , which was you can't hide from yourself.And you usually can't hide it from others and will get caught eventually.
    I'm glad you can come to the FORT for a smile

Bill! Shocking! It is amazing what we do not know about our families. I found out some pretty shocking news about my favorite uncle a few years back. It was about something that happened way before I was born and had been kept a secret for 40 years. I was shocked and did not know how to feel or what to think. I decided that he was still the same uncle that I knew and loved. He has been nothing but good to me and everyone I know. Once the big secret came out he repaired the dammage as best he could. I know your situation is far different from mine but knowing we ALL have family secrets and bizzare events seems to be comforting. Hang in there man. Post a blizzard and chill out at the FORT. I am glad you are here to share your life with us.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    Aww Bill,, we will for sure be thinking of you!!! I am sure his daughter will appreciate your being there.. and wow,, what a great thing for you to do.. going to see him! Its a shocker and feel free to vent anytime you want!! we can open a VENT thread!!!
    xoxoox

Bill, sorry to hear that. It must have been a tremendous shock to see him on TV like that.

I agree, there are people who are just pulled in, either by making small ethically incorrect decisions that snowball, or by getting in over their heads on gambling, drugs, or what have you. And of course, not everyone is made from strong moral fiber, unfortunately.

Ya know, not to make light of the situation, but at least it's only money. No one was physically injured or killed. That, in my opinion, would be much worse to go through with a close family member.

We're here when you need us.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Bill, that is so shocking!

I'm so sorry you had to find out that way
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

My once favorite uncle has been scamming the welfare system for about 10 years now. He get's more the 2 thousand dollars a month for sitting on the couch doing nothing.
    He brags about living the American dream.
    He lives a VERY good lifestyle on the back of workers like you and me.
    He is not sick or deserving of welfare in any way whatsoever.

My other uncle was a total ass when I was growing up. He was a red-neck who treated his family worse than dirt. He saw the light a few years back and is a very good guy now.

Go figure.

It's funny how when people scream "you don't know me" we know everything about them at that point. Everybody else is an unfinished book that may or may not have a surprise ending.

Besides, we all have skeletons in our closets don't we? I mean, not actual skeletons, but maybe partial ones or maybe animal skeletons or something gross like that.

What was I saying?

Oh yeah, sorry 'bout your uncle. That blows.

I appreciate all the good thoughts here.

He seems to be okay. Almost the relief that comes from having the truth come out finally. His family is in ruins.

On the good news side, apparently a plea bargain is in the works, and his former company is making good on the debts he incurred. Which of course will be passed on to policy holders like me, but I fear worse the damage done to the poor folks who invested with him.

On the bad side, nothing will be the same for he or his wife ever again.

That was my first time ever having to visit someone in jail. I have to say it gives you a new appreciation for the things you have in life. Like the good folks I have met here. Thank you all!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
    On the bad side, nothing will be the same for he or his wife ever again.
    Bill, this actually could be the good side of it. This is a big chance for him to start over, change his ways, and learn from what he has done. Ultimately, your aunt and uncle could end up happier and more fulfilled than had this not happened. Our mistakes and their awful results are sometimes our biggest healers.

You are a loving, loyal and brave nephew to have gone and visited him when he was down. This is good karma

Take care, hang in there and next time you play golf, you can just pretend the balls are his head and you'll be on the green from the tee.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast