+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: French Author Claims 9-11 a Hoax

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar

French Author Claims 9-11 a Hoax

NEW YORK (Dec. 3) - A French author who suggests that the Sept. 11 attacks were devised by a faction of the U.S. military is planning to promote his book on a tour that will begin in New York City.

Thierry Meyssan's book, ``9-11, The Big Lie,'' also suggests that the Pentagon was hit by an American missile, and not a hijacked airliner.

USA Books, a subsidiary of the book's French publisher, said he could launch the tour as early as this month. The dates have not been set, according to Asad Lalljee of USA Books, but the publicity blitz is likely to include interviews with several major TV news shows that have expressed interest.

In the book, the left-wing author suggests that the attacks were plotted to promote a U.S. military agenda that included waging war in Afghanistan.

The French press ridiculed the book, but it became a best seller in France for three months. The English version has not seen the same success, but Lalljee said 5,000 copies have sold without any marketing in the past six weeks since it was made available.

The Pentagon has called the allegations in the book ``more than insulting.''

Lt. Col. Ken McClellan, a Defense Department spokesman, said Monday he was appalled that Meyssan is planning a U.S. visit.

``Certainly there's a market for any sort of trivialization of history,'' McClellan said. ``That doesn't make it less of a tragedy.''
    This guy will be lucky to make it out of New York without getting the crap beaten out of him. To quote Miss F: what a tool.

OMG
    I really don't know what to say about this. I have been, for the first time in a long while, rendered speechless!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I bet this author is dead within the year. How stupid do you have to be? You can bet I will NEVER read this book.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

You're right Wayne. He is a tool.

I just want all the Americans to know that I sincerely doubt most French people believe that.

They were out in full force on and around 9-11 and shared in sympathy. I don't want one moron to taint anyone's opinions of the French.. at least not on such a serious subject as the validity of 9-11
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Oh, I don't let one moron taint my opinion, Miss F. One of my best friends here in the office is a wonderful French guy. If anything, I've allowed my friend to sway my opinion of the French in a positive way. I think living overseas for six years growing up taught me not to judge other cultures based on the actions of a few people.

Well, I live in Dallas, but that does not mean that I killed President Kennedy.....so how could I think all French are as insane as that author? Tool is mild but applicable.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Princess
    There are lots of idiots out there obviously... 1. the guy who wrote the book, 2. the ppl who bought the book.
    Reminds me of that guy who claims that Holocaust never happened (isn't he French too, btw).
    (Not to worry Miss F, I know they aren't representative for the French population )

Sleeping with George W
    Anyone care to guess how well the NYC book signing will go? Jeesh.

Well , I remember after 9/11 , there were loads of conspiracy theories going around, i got loads of emails regarding them. The most ridiculous one was that Al Gore was the mastermind behind the whole thing, to get back at Bush for becoming president!I mean what the hell???

Gore's a power-hungry nutjob, but no way would he orchestrate something so horrible. That's absolutely ridiculous.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast