+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else have touch of Spring Fever?

I'm in Minnesota, and after spending days and days in sub-zero temps, it's suddenly gotten into the upper 20's and 30's, and it feels so springy. Which I'm sure is a load of crap to those of you in the 60's-70's, but here it feels warm. Heck...haven't even flipped on my fireplace for days, and I've put the heat in the car on "low". *singing* "It's like a heat wave!!"
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    I'm in Minnesota, and after spending days and days in sub-zero temps, it's suddenly gotten into the upper 20's and 30's, and it feels so springy. Which I'm sure is a load of crap to those of you in the 60's-70's, but here it feels warm. Heck...haven't even flipped on my fireplace for days, and I've put the heat in the car on "low". *singing* "It's like a heat wave!!"
    Hey Shazzer! I'm in northern Iowa and we've had more than our share of below zero temps this winter. Today it's about 34 degrees. My hubby and I went to Walmart this morning and walking into the store I said to him that the air smelled like spring. Well, we came out of the store about an hour later and it was snowing like crazy. So much for spring.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ravs
    I am very envious of you Duxxy, I have never seen snow.
    Ravs, snow is highly overrated. Sure it might look nice in pictures, but i's freakin' COLD!

Last week was in the mid 40s, it was like a heat wave.

FORT Fogey
    snow is only good for one thing... Christmas....

I wish it would fall lightly on Christmas eve, and melt on the 26th...

One year we had snow until Christmas eve, then it all melted that day, and then we had more snow on the 26th.... that sucked....

We may get snow tuesday, so no chance of spring fever!

Jay
    It's difficult to get excited for spring when there is 5 feet of snow in your backyard. However, the days are getting longer, the sun is warm on the face and I hear birds early in the morning.

averagejane and Duxxy, I remember Trooper also!

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Ravs, snow is highly overrated. Sure it might look nice in pictures, but i's freakin' COLD!

You do have a point - however the closest I have ever come to snow is when I stick my head into the freezer. I don't think thats quite the same....

I would love to do stuff like sledding, building a snowman and I would love to experience a white X-mas. Mind you the beaches and rivers is looking quite good here - mind the stingers and crocs of course
    I rather lurk than post.

Yesterday upper 30's and the sun was shining. the kids were running around in hooded sweatshirts. Today, 3 inches of snow forecasted. I want spring so bad!!
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

There are crocuses coming up here!!! (would that be "croci"? Plural of "crocus"....?) They're just starting to come up, and it's supposed to maybe snow again (grrrr!) later this week so I hope they don't die. But for now there are real live flowers growing!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123