+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got a question...

Got a question...

Can anyone tell me what that real bright star is in the western sky about 25 degrees above the horizon just after dark. This thing is as bright as a small plane light and I don't have a star chart program to find out what it is.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Ili - if it is what I think it is that's not a star at all it's the planet Venus
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I agree with Duxxy -- that should be Venus.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

ok, wasn't sure if it was venus or a real bright Jupiter or one of the other planets or some bright star I hadn't noticed before. I just hadn't seen anything that bright in the sky since I saw Sirius in the Southern Sky.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread