+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite comedian?

My kids are all about Mitch Hedburg. A day doesn't go by that they don't drop one of his jokes on me. I know he's not stand-up, but Napolean Dynamite. The dance sequence for class president is genius.
    Count your blessings!

Although there are many good ones out there, I like the Blue collar guys: Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and of course Ron "Tater Salad" White. Robin Williams is hilarious. But I think the best to me of all times was Bill Cosby doing his routines about growing up.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Harold View Post
    How could I have forgotten Robin Williams and Margaret Cho???? And Steve Martin? I had ALL his material memorized when I was in high school. I still have my copy of The Cruel Shoes.

*slaps forehead*
    Steve Martin is my favorite. Let's get Small and King tut and the "mind if I fart" bits were hilarious.

Also love Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, LArry the Cable Guy and Ron White.
    Blue Collar Comedy tour is so funny because I happen to know all the people they talk about. Or am related to those people in some way.

I also loved the early Eddie Murphy: Get in your goony goo goo mobile and get off my porch gus!

Oh and Carrot Top. Saw him live and just about peed myself I laughed so hard.

ETA: from my childhood: I adored Abbott and Costello, Laurel and Hardy, Buddy Hackett, Don Rickles, Bob Hope, Dean Martin.
    Those old Roasts they used to have were great and Toddy Fields (not spelling it right, but she was a woman comedian that died years ago)
    Phyllis Dillar. Jonathan Winters, Jackie Gleason were also great.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-26-2006 at 09:33 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I also loved the early Eddie Murphy: Get in your goony goo goo mobile and get off my porch gus!
    OMG...I absolutely adored that whole show...the one where he was wearing the red leather suit that kinda made him look like Michael Jackson!!!! I have a cassette tape of Eddie Murphy: Comedian...HILARIOUS!

I also adore Robin Williams (tho he exhausts me sometimes!), Ellen, George Carlin (how does he think up some of that stuff?), Steven Wright, Bill Cosby (I highly recommend Bill Cosby, Himself DVD..my son cries he laughs so hard with that tape). I'm also a big fan of the old SNL group-Chevy, Bill, Steve, Gilda, Dan, John. I love all the guys and girls on VH1 I love the...shows. Nathan Lane may not classify himself as a comedian but he tickles me to death in his movies (even Lion King!).

My son adores and idolizes Jim Carrey, Robin Williams, Jack Black..he can recite word for word most of Jim Carrey's movies. I, myself, can only take him in small doses.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Stand up
    Richard Pryor
    Eddie Murphy
    Chris Rock
    Eddie Izzard
    Chris Tucker

Actor
    Kevin Kline
    Cameron Diaz
    Carol Lombard

I am going to try to put these in some kind of order:
    Lewis Black
    Kevin James
    (did anyone see sweat the small stuff? he was so reading my mind the whooooole time)
    Dane Cook
    Dave Chappele
    Steven Wright
    Mitch Hedberg
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

George Carlin has been a favorite of mine since I first heard my dad's album. I think I must have been 12, and I learned the 7 dirty words. I could say them really fast, frontwards and backward. Got my mouth wash out with soap when my mom was listening on the other side of the door. She said later, she had a hard time trying to stop laughing before she could be all serious and punish me.

Kathy Griffin is one of my faves, as is Ellen Degeneres. The Blue Collar Comedy guys make me laugh, I just wish they had something new on. Seems like I have seen the same stuff for the past 2 years. But I can hardly wait for Larry the Cable guys new movie. That looks like it will be quite a stitch.

We did a whole marionette show once that was word for word Bill Cosby's story of Noah. I think it's called plaigarism.
    Count your blessings!

My current favourite is Derek Edwards. Canadian guy that no one south of the border has ever heard of, but is funny as hell.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    My favorite is Christopher Titus. I also like the redneck comedians, George Carlin, and Bill Cosby. I just like funny guys I guess. Oh, and Robin Williams, Tim Allen and Gallagher.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast