+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The FORT medline

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

The FORT medline

A place to share home remedies

Anyone know what you can put on a burn to stop the throbbing? I burned the heck out of my hand a couple hours ago on boiling hot water. Is butter just an old wives tale?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Desatin (sp?) works likie magic! It's the baby-butt diaper rash cream. Though, you may not have that in the house unless you have babies.

Cool this thread is like

Dont put butter on it, it makes it worse. I just use an ice pack. (And in my house that's a ziploc bag with ice in it wrapped in a facecloth)

JR.
    Bravo, butter is useless. Use plain old ice, or some aloe if you happen to have it.

agentcarver
    EMERGENCY:

Sar (One of my roommates) is throwing up-We think she ate the VIA Rail food (She's back from visiting relatives in Ottawa) and it was bad...

Anyone?

Far as I know, all she can do is ride that one out. Anyway, that's all I ever do.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Hmmm, Desitin -- don't have any of that.

Thanks for the advice on the butter. I think I do have some aloe around here.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Thoroughly soak a slice of bread in milk & apply to the burn. If I remember correctly, that's what my Grandma used to do.

Sleeping with George W
    I checked a few web sites on minor burns and they all say 1) cool it under cold running water for 15 minutes 2) put an antibiotic cream on it (worth running up to the store for, cause it will help the healing more than anything else) or use aloe or a cream with aloe in it 2) wrap LOOSELY with gauze.

Very cool, thanks Dr. Eden!!!

Think of the money we'll save on health care with our new FORT/MASH thread!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast