+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The FORT medline

FORT Fogey
    Ok,, well,, I went thru med school and was married to a physician for 11 years.. so here you go..
    Never do anything to a burn but put cold water on it.. then leave it open as long as you can.. it is important to let the heat out! Once it has started to heal a bit you can use some antibiotic cream or aloe and a bandage.. loosely

For any type of food poisoning.. it is important to keep hydrated as much as possible
    Then once you feel a little like eating again,, start out w/what is called the BRAT diet
    Bannanas
    Rice
    Apples
    Toast

bland food,, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate,, and it is also good to re-colonize the bacteria in your intestinal tract,, cultured yogurt is a great way to do this..
    Water,, and Gatoraide type products are a good way to hydrate also..
    If she simply can't keep anything down at all. then you may consider getting a PX for phenergen,, suposotory form.. they will knock her out and stop the vomiting..

Originally posted by firegirl

For any type of food poisoning.. it is important to keep hydrated as much as possible
    Then once you feel a little like eating again,, start out w/what is called the BRAT diet
    Bannanas
    Rice
    Apples
    Toast

Hmmm, what was that last thing?
    Ahhh toast, toast, TOAST.
    Toast I tell you, its a cute all
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    yea,, toast will do it all,, its bland,, a carb,, and if all else fails its absorbent.. so use it as a clean up sponge or bandage..lol

I always advise people eat toast no matter what is wrong with them.
    It's become a bit of a standing joke.
    "That's Numberwang!"

"Help, Dr Fluff, I cut my arm off with a chainsaw!"

"Some toast will take care of that."

Originally posted by duckgirl
    "Help, Dr Fluff, I cut my arm off with a chainsaw!"

"Some toast will take care of that."
    ooohhhh!!! someone is getting cheeky, someone is.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Wow Fluff that is part of my mother's cure all

Her's is "have some toast and go to bed" Our family joke for years has been that is how she would cure a broken arm.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Toast really helped the last time *I* was "talking to Ralph on the big white telephone"...Thanks fluff!

As for home remedies, except for the apple cider vinegar, I don't have any.

FWIW, to remove warts, go to a health food store and buy some raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Every night before you go to bed, wet a piece of cotton ball in the vinegar, place it on the wart, and cover with a band-aid. Do this every night for 2 weeks, and I guarantee it'll be gone. ACV is good for so many other things, too. It's the "toast" of my house...Good for everything.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Really??
    Seriously I only ever use it for salad dressing - who knew?
    This isn't exactly a home remedy, but when my kids were in Karate they sent us to a chinese grocer for this bandage stuff. It heals anything- especially bruises and sprains. It comes in a metal can and is a long rolled bandage impregnated with some weird smelling stuff. You cut off the amount you need and stick it on your skin for a couple of hours. Its amazing and most of the chinese grocers have it. Name I haven't a clue? Its all in chinese.
    The "bandage stuff for bruises comes in a can" has always gotten it for me Honestly it's amazing stuff and I don't think I want to know whats in it...

When we were little and had diarhea, my Granny Hancock would boil milk and let it cool, then have us drink it. Bye bye green apple quickstep. I think the fact that she poured the milk out of a purple cow creamer helped too! I still have the creamer and my kiddos do well with that cure too. Something about bringing the milk to a boil changes the enzymes or something. Anyway, it works. NOTE: Every nurse or doctor I have talked to has told me not to give my kids milk when they have diarhea. I followed their instructions until my son became lethargic one time. Then I did the Granny Hancock Milk Boil and BAM.....he was back to his old self in no time. Had a similar experience, but more severe and an enema saved him that time...but that is another story.

Has anyone here ever heard of Dr. Denmark?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast