+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If I could turn back time..

Originally posted by Paulie
    It wouldn't matter which specific date I chose, just as long as I went back early enough to talk to that floral-velour-shirt-and-too-tight-pants-wearing, giant-plastic-bar-glasses, scared-to-death, intimidated-by-everyone, hiding-behind-his-books, what-if-she-says-no f*cking idiot I used to be and tell him to stop being afraid, stop worrying about what people will think, and just talk to Audrey/Sallee/Kristie/Elisabeth/Deevy/Malinda like she was a human being. God, what a dork I was.
    That's actually very touching Paulie.

Uh Dude, floral velour?
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have thought about this many times and honestly I wouldn't change a thing.
    I would worry that if I talked myself out of doing something stupid, that it would alter my life to the point where I wouldn't have been working at the place I met my husband! That would totally suck
    If I could go back and talk to myself, but be able to make sure I got myself to where I'd meet him, then I suppose I would

Ultimately though everything I did made me who I am, and I'm actually happy being me.... I'd like to be a richer me, but still....

If I could just watch a day I loved I guess I'd just pick a Holiday where the whole family was together. We laugh a lot at holidays when everyone is there
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by fluff
    Uh Dude, floral velour?
    Not every day, Fluffstress, but I had two that I wore all the time. Kind of button-up cowboy shirts with flowers around the shoulders and, yeah, velour.

I basically wore whatever my parents bought for me. *shudder*
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Paulie, you're bringing back bad memories, my friend. I completely forgot about these, but I had a few very nasty outfits (also bought by my parents):

- A beige cord shirt with floral pattern. Yuck.

- A shirt that was bright yellow on tope, had a narrow dark blue stripe through the middle and white from about the ribs down. Not so bad, right? But it came with matching pants: yellow form the waist to the hips, then the blue stripe, then white. Oh, and it had a drawstring at the waste as well. Could I have been anymore of a dork in 8th grade?

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Wayner
    Paulie, you're bringing back bad memories, my friend. I completely forgot about these, but I had a few very nasty outfits (also bought by my parents):

- A beige cord shirt with floral pattern. Yuck.

- A shirt that was bright yellow on tope, had a narrow dark blue stripe through the middle and white from about the ribs down. Not so bad, right? But it came with matching pants: yellow form the waist to the hips, then the blue stripe, then white. Oh, and it had a drawstring at the waste as well. Could I have been anymore of a dork in 8th grade?
    I am SO thinking Brady Bunch!

FORT Fogey
    Oh my gosh your right,, I swear peter brady had that outfit!!

I think I would also like to go back and revisit the days before my best friend was killed..

Originally posted by Wayner
    Could I have been anymore of a dork in 8th grade?
    Only if you were me.

For good times, I'd go back to any of the "burning the midnight oils" chats my brother and I used to have back when we lived in the same house. We're still great friends, but we haven't burnt the midnight oils in years, and I really miss that.

I'd also want to go back to the day I left for college, when he and I were bawling and hugging each other in the pre-dawn before I left for Anchorage with Mom and Dad. Until that moment, I didn't know how much he and I meant to each other.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

For good times, I'd go back to any of the "burning the midnight oils" chats my brother and I used to have back when we lived in the same house. We're still great friends, but we haven't burnt the midnight oils in years, and I really miss that.
    Note to Self: "Midnight Oils" massage cream would make great Christmas gift for Paulie and his brother.

Originally posted by duckgirl
    Or telling that woman behind me to shut the hell up and that no one gives a damn about her shortbread cookies.
    So you've met Helen from Survivor Thailand then?
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

So you've met Helen from Survivor Thailand then?
    Good one, Bill!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast