+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Indulge Me

FORT Fogey

Indulge Me

What are you indulgences.. things you don't care how much it costs it may be frivilous to others ,, you might even get in fights about it w/a spouse,, but you don't care your gonna have it.

Of course I will start..

Have to have Amazing Sheets.. very, very high thread count and 100% pima or egyptian cotton.

I am also sort of a purse addict I will indulge occasionally on an expensive bag..

Fabric Softener.. I like the good stuff and I use it liberally and candles.. I indulge in making my house smell nice!!
    ok,, what do you love and are willing to pay for??

Books when I want them, have to have them.
    Coffee Creamer can't get the cheap stuff, and I use alot.
    My perfume is pretty expensive...and I like it in soap, lotion and powder too.
    Smoked fish...ok, it sounds odd but as a snack food or mini meal I love it.
    Tea-can't buy the store brand, has to be Red Rose.

Other then that, I live pretty cheaply.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I guess books would be my main indulgence.I have several dozen authors that i like to read and when i go to a bookstore and see one by them i have to have it.Once i went in and found 7 books by my fav authors and spent $50 before i could get out of the store.

Another would be food.I can't seem to stomach buying any of the cheaper steaks.I either have to have beef tenderlion or ribeyes to cook on the grill no sirloin or chuck eyes.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Perfumes , shoes & clothes... I can never have enough of them!

Books.

But food-wise, I'm very particular on some things. When I got married, my wife & I were broke, but I had to lay down the law on some brands...No cheapifying them.

1) Kraft singles for cheese slices
    2) Kraft Miracle Whip salad dressing
    3) Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
    4) Campbell's soups
    5) Le Seur canned peas
    6) A particular brand of bathroom tissue
    7) Kleenex kleenexes
    8) Lever 2000 soap
    9) Pepsi - never generic brands of "cola"

I'm really not a nit-picky person for the most part, but I'm extremely particular when it comes to these items. I don't know why...Probably because I grew up with the cheapest foodstuffs you could buy - whatever was on sale.

Hmmmm, clothes, perfume, my home, everything pretty much.
    "That's Numberwang!"

John your grocery list sounds an awful lot like mine!! That's one of the places I refuse to skimp...certain things MUST be a certain brand or I won't eat/use them. No matter how much I can save by changing out brands, there's just some things that must be a staple in life.

Other than that the only thing I actually indulge in is shoes, and I even have limits on that. Guess it's a good thing my taste runs toward the lower end lines cause I am realistic, they aren't gonna get worn more than a couple of times normally. The big exception in this category is my work shoes, being on my feet anywhere from 8-14 hours a day they MUST be comfortable and supportive no matter what the cost.

Sleeping with George W
    1. Perfume
    2. Wine -- can't stand cheap wine
    3. Live flowers. Love having real flowers in the house, all year round
    4. Vacations. I am the anti-hostle. Want a good hotel, soft matress, ice machine, air conditioning when hot, fireplace when cold.
    5. Cars. Will only drive BMW. (this is sadly true -- although mine have always been pre-owned, as in used.)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Since I got married I apparently am not allowed to have indulgences.

Seriously, I'd say that in general if I want something, I'll save until I can afford good quality. Since getting married the only things that I've really spent money on were a 135g aquarium and backpacking equipment. I'm pretty low maintenance.

My wife however, does have some indulgences. She gets her nails done every two weeks. She has a standing appointment with a masseusse for a 90 minute massage every other Saturday morning. Maids come once a month.

And yes, on occassion we do fight about this stuff.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Wayner
    My wife however, does have some indulgences. She gets her nails done every two weeks. She has a standing appointment with a masseusse for a 90 minute massage every other Saturday morning. Maids come once a month.
    Ooooh ooooh ... forgot about massages! Gotta have em! Lucky Mrs. Wayner to get two a month!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast