+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Indulge Me

I am so low maintenance. It's pathetic.
    My husband used to take me to nice restaurants, but gave that up when Iíd get upset because they didnít have cheeseburgers (This, of course was pre-vegetarian days)
    The only foods I am picky about are/were Hot dogs HAD to be Hebrew National (now that is all my son will eat) Bologna had to be Oscar Mayer BEEF bologna. Oatmeal has to be Quaker. Other than that Iím not too picky.
    My husband trims my hair, and the only time I've colored it, I've done it myself.
    I've had my nails done once, but that was because I got a gift certificate.
    My Mom has been a registered massage therapist since 1980. Woo Hoo!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Well, being broke at most given moments, I'm not too hard to please.

But seriously, mainly I am picky about my clothes. I'm not name-brand obsessed, but I am tall, and most clothes are made in length for the average-height woman. "Cheap" brands are
    usually even shorter than expensive brands, so there you have it.

Also my hair. After a horrible experience once, I will definitely pay the big bucks for a good cut/highlights.

No generic soda, please.

See, I'm not too bad.

Cali, I hear you there. I forgot to mention that I only get Ball Park Franks for hot dogs.

And my wife & I are both low-maintenance. She never gets her nails done, rarely gets her hair cut, colors it herself (of course, she's a licensed cosmetologist, but still), and we hardly ever go out to dinner. And when we do, Subway's as good as Chez Pierre for us.

JR.
    Originally posted by cali
    I am so low maintenance. It's pathetic.
    No no no Cali, this is NOT a bad thing. It's every man's dream

The only thing I'm picky about is beer If it's under 10 bucks a case, I'm not touching it.

JR!

My husbands boss once told him and his co-worker to take their wives out to dinner on the company, as they had done such a great job on a project. The other guy brought in a receipt for $109.00...... ours was $26.00, AND we left a huge tip.
    At his work they called me the cheap date for quite sometime.... that and his boss has paid for us to go out again, but not the co-worker
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I am a cosmetologist too! And, yes, I have cut my own hair several times(it did turn out well). I think a Good Haircut four or five times a year is reasonable indulgance(oxymoron?).
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I don't really need indulging.

Give me a day of football, some Diet Coke, Internet access and I'm happy.

The ONLY thing I can think of is tea.... I'll try herbal tea and flavored occassionally, but I really only like Tetley British Blend tea (and that's not even expensive)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Give me a day of football, some Diet Coke, Internet access and I'm happy.
    Man, when they say all the good ones are taken, why do they always have to be so right?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Awww, Wayner
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by Wayner
    Since I got married I apparently am not allowed to have indulgences.
    My wife however, does have some indulgences. She gets her nails done every two weeks. She has a standing appointment with a masseusse for a 90 minute massage every other Saturday morning. Maids come once a month.
    And yes, on occassion we do fight about this stuff.
    Well the maid is for you both. It helps so much to have help with the cleaning.

But really Wayner if you want your nails done every two weeks you should get them done also.

I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast