+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Indulge Me

Also a great place for BUYING golf equipment, as seen by my purchase of new golf shoes yesterday for my father-in-law for Xmas.

John,

The beauty of eBay is that you can buy for someone else, and while you are there, go ahead buy yourself another piece of golf equipment too...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I indulge in anything and everything that has to do with the kitchen. From pans and gadgets to steak and lobster, I go top-of-the-line. I don't know why, really. I just can't help it. I went to the store this weekend and bought $230 worth of crab, prawns, and cheese, (OK, there were some other nicknacks in the bag, but you get the idea).

I also tend to go a little overboard in DVD collecting.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I indulge in anything and everything that has to do with the kitchen.
    And there we have it - proof positive that Zhora isn't my wife simply masquerading here on the board.

Our whole family jokes about how my wife isn't really into cooking, with good reason:

Recently, Mrs. Wayner said "If we ever buy another house, I'd like two ovens in the kitchen." I replied "What could you possibly want with two microwaves? She said "No silly - we could cook two of those "take-and-bake" pizzas at the same time!

The other day I had some buffalo wings in the oven and Mrs. Wayner says "Honey, the stuff you've got in the oven is sizzling - is it supposed to do that?"

Let's see... doesn't cook...not much into cleaning...why did I marry her again? Oh yeah, dammit; love.

Ok I just realized something else that I actually really indulge on....my hair. I spend what everyone thinks is mega bucks (to me heck that's what it costs to go to my guy so I don't care I like what he does) on a haircut and color every couple of months for myself...normally around $125 (including a tip) and that doesn't include the shampoo/conditioner/gel/wax...all the other junk that I buy on top of it.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Libra makes me happy I'm a low-maintenance bald guy; sixteen bucks a cut including shampoo, cut, and tip.

Gimme a $10 supercuts haircut, and a bottle of L.A. Looks gel for $3 at Wal-Mart, and I'm a happy guy

i don't really indulge in much other than groceries. i am a name brander, myself... but recently i've given up pretty much all of my other indulgences... i get my hair cut about 3 times a year and colored about twice a year. it's just way too pricy, though i love how it looks. i was smart this last go round... had them add streaks of color that were darker than my natural (dark blonde) so it would grow out without having dark roots.

clothes shopping all takes place at outlets or sales... same with shoes. i'm not a shoe hound anyway. i recently got into the whole accessorizing, but found a bunch of import stores in dallas that sell the same jewelry as department stores but for about 1/4th of the price.

wait! i came up with an indulgence! i buy chapstick. tons of chapstick. doesn't have to be on sale either!

It does not matter how much the haircut costs, as long as they do what I ask AND it looks great! I have had a couple of great cuts that I did not ask for. I have had a couple of duds that I did ask for. A happy medium is what I want. I want the general cut I ask for with enough added stylist sense to make it look great! i would pay up to 40 bucks for that every time!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

feif, i've got your girl and it's only 25 bucks before tip! granted, you'd have to drive to valley ranch at macarther and 635....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast