+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Indulge Me

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I did think of one thing - fantasy baseball. It's a hobby I enjoy, and in the past I've flown to California every Spring for the annual draft. I was in a league with the same friends there for 7 years, and it was something my wife understood was going to happen when we got married. However, now that we're about to have our second child, flying to CA every Spring does seem a bit frivilous, so I've agreed to join a local league next season. I'll find other ways to stay in contact with my friends in CA.

FORT Fogey
    mmm forgot the Wine,,I admit I am a wine snob!
    and perfume
    and I get my nails done.. and I am right there with the coffee creamer and live flowers.. hmmm

Originally posted by Wayner
    Since I got married I apparently am not allowed to have indulgences.

Been there, done that, Wayner.

For me, it is golf equipment and Waverunners. My friends have learned not to bother to buy me anything for those, because I am very picky.

I have to confess that I have over $5000 in golf equipment. I suppose I should open my own shop...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    Bill,, good golf equipment makes all the difff!!

Originally posted by firegirl
    Bill,, good golf equipment makes all the difff!!
    I see you understand!

I always suspected that Firegirl was both beautiful and intelligent...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Bill, even though we're both into golf, I can honestly say I've got less than $200 into it, equipment-wise. But that's going to change this year.

And you are probably a better player than me John. The cost of the equipment has nothing to do with skill. I just like getting the latest stuff and trying it out.

Probably I should go to Golfers Annonymous... But my weekly tee time is at the same time as the meetings, so I haven't been able to make it.

lol Bill! I used to be a better player, but my swing has changed so much now. I don't have the power I had when I first started, but my accuracy has improved considerably. And I think about what I'm doing a LOT more than I used to. I used to be a grip it & rip it guy. I'm getting there, though...

This winter, I'm buying new woods, and having them sized for my height. I may buy new irons as well.

John, Bill,
    My dad made his own clubs and bought two golf bags in a year. He bought a net that he set up inthe garage to practice his swing in cold weather. He had nice shoes and all the bells and whistles. He was getting pretty serious about it and was golfing with some of the doctors he works with. THEN his back went out and he had to have cortisone injections all up and down his back. Has not golfed since. I wonder if he has some of that golf stuff left, and if he would be interested inselling it on ebay. Hehe!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Feifer,

eBay is a great place for selling golf equipment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast