+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you superstitious?

I'm somewhat superstitious but not just Friday the 13th. I don't walk under ladders, I don't open umbrellas indoors, and I try to be very careful with mirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by evalaruefan
    I'm somewhat superstitious but not just Friday the 13th. I don't walk under ladders, I don't open umbrellas indoors, and I try to be very careful with mirrors.
    Yeah.... I try not to open umbrellas indoors, but I end up doing so anyway.

Someone told me that if you say "Blood Mary" 3 times in front of a mirror, a mysterious woman will appear. Of course, I understand how this could be true.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit
    Here's a crazy question in honor of Friday the 13th. If a black cat crosses in front of you, wouldn't you actually be crossing his path? If the black cat was to cross your path, he would have to cross behind you. Right? Or does that even make sense to anyone?

I can be very superstitious, especially when it comes to sports. I do the normal taping the goal posts and pads with my goalie stick when I am in net for hockey. When I get the ball in basketball at the start of a play I always have to backspin it. When I play football I always tap the front of my shoes on the ground before a play. While I am watching hockey I never say shutout when my teams goalie can have one. I have a few other weird ones but not going to bore you with them lol

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    While I am watching hockey I never say shutout when my teams goalie can have one.

That's just scary. I'm very superstitious when it comes to hockey also.
    The other thing is that when I had 666 posts, I posted something immediately afterwards. I didn't like seeing that number very much.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar

That's just scary. I'm very superstitious when it comes to hockey also.
    The other thing is that when I had 666 posts, I posted something immediately afterwards. I didn't like seeing that number very much.
    One of my phone numbers ends in 666, so people are always teasing me about it...I never even thought about it when they assigned me the number...I thought it was funny because it spells out MOO!

My real superstition is that I wear the same thing to all of my finals for a semester...I have different clothes to study in, but right before I go to take the test I change into my "finals clothes" Yeah, I'm weird...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

When I first glanced at this thread, I thought it said, "Are you superfluous?" It really made me stop and think.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    When I first glanced at this thread, I thought it said, "Are you superfluous?" It really made me stop and think.
    And yet you came right in.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Exactly! I guess you know what answer I came up with then.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I think the superstition about not setting your shoes on the bed is an old Irish thing. Are there any Irish people here who can confirm that?
    It must be. My grandmother came to the U.S. from Ireland and she had all kinds of superstitions and things that we had to do. No shoes on the table, no shoes on the bed, if you forgot something & came back in the house to get it, you had to sit down for awhile first before leaving the house again, umbrellas in the house were bad luck, the list goes on & on...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast